- Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- Permanent, Full time
- Macquarie Group
- 20 Aug 17
Manager, Underperforming Asset Solutions, Business Banking - Sydney
Join our Business Banking team as Manager, Underperforming Assessment Solutions based in Sydney
Our vision is to be the best business bank in Australia. Our success in this pursuit will be defined by the opportunity created for our staff, our clients, and our shareholders.
About the role:
We have an exciting new opportunity to join our successful team. You will be part of a team responsible for managing the underperforming loan book, as well as developing and implementing strategies in conjunction with Relationship Managers to retain and restructure or exit underperforming loans and client relationships.
You will be responsible for:
- Managing client relationships and account management of distressed loans where recovery action is required.
- Advisory role for clients exhibiting signs of stress however a longer term banking relationship is targeted
- Attending on request at multiple Business Banking and Group wide sales and risk forums
- Reviewing underperforming asset provision requirements
- Recycling lessons learnt back into the business and lending policy
You will combine your expertise in debt and business restructuring and your understanding of SME's to sensitively deliver restructuring advice and solutions to the business and clients. You will be particularly skilled in negotiating commercially acceptable outcomes.
To be success in this role you will possess:
- Degree qualified preferably in a business field (Commerce, Accounting, Economics, Finance)
- Experience in banking and finance sector, ideally with an focus on SMEs
- Exposure to receiverships, voluntary administration, liquidations and turnaround management is key to this role
- Technical insolvency and reconstruction skills and experience preferable
- Demonstrated relationship skills with the ability to influence and negotiate with senior management, clients, legal advisors and insolvency practitioners
Banking and Financial Services Group comprises Macquarie's retail banking and financial services businesses, providing a diverse range of personal banking, wealth management and business banking products and services to retail customers, advisers, brokers and business clients.
Find out more about Macquarie careers at http://www.macquarie.com/careers .
Macquarie understands the importance of diversity and inclusion - our long history of success has come from being different. At Macquarie we value the innovation and creativity that diversity of thought brings. The one thing we all have in common is our focus on high performance. If you're capable, motivated and can deliver, we want you on our team.
We facilitate a range of flexible working arrangements within our teams. Talk to us about what flexibility is available.