Senior Java Developer
- $85,000 - $110,000
- Toronto, ON, Canada
- Permanent, Full time
- Caspian One Recruitment Solutions
- 13 Jan 17
x2 Open Positions! - My client, a global financial company based in downtown Toronto, is looking for a senior developer to join their global Risk and Market Data services team, part of the wider FIC IT group. The code base is primarily Java, however it is your development style my client is after, they want to see strong Object Oriented programmers who have experience working on distributed systems. You will be confident with algorithms, data structures and engineering solutions, and be able to adapt to changing environments quickly!
Caspian One are currently looking for a Senior Java Developer for a Global financial client based in downtown Toronto.
The successful candidate will join a highly cohesive IT Risk and Market data services team to work on a big migration project to update their current technology stack within the team. This team build and design applications used by the global rates and counterparty risk trading business with average volumes of 250M a day. The position will give you the chance to gain invaluable knowledge of traders, and front and middle office teams and interact with them on a daily basis so good communication skills are essential
A successful candidate will have strong Core Java development experience working with Java frameworks such as spring, XML and Maven. Experience with Multi-threading, Data structures and algorithms
- 4+ years Core Java knowledge (1.7 & 1.8)
- Strong understanding of Java Core competencies such as Multi-threading, Algorithms, Data structures and design patterns.
- Deep knowledge and prior experience developing with RDBMS. SQL Server is preference but similar will be sufficient
- Knowledge of batch orientated systems that handle large volumes of data
- Highly skilled in distributed computing technologies
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Previous experience working within the financial Industry preferably Fixed Income or a front office team/environment
- Experience working with Caching technologies - Hazelcast
- Experience working with Column based databases – HPVertica, SybaseIQ
- Experience with cross-platform technologies (XML,
Benefits: Company Benefits include – 4 weeks vacation, annual bonus, group insurances, RSP Contribution
For more information about this opportunity, please contact Lauren Harvey on 416 800 2164 or email your resume direct to Lauren.Harvey@Caspianone.com
Keywords: Java, Multithreading, SQL Server, Real-Time, Spring, Maven, Risk, Market Data