Fund Accountant (Shanghai)
- Shanghai, Shanghai Shi, China
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
- 22 Dec 16
Please view Job Description for details.
Scope of Role:
- In this role, you will be responsible to setting up and handling financial valuation, year-end financial statement, financial regulatory reporting, compliance monitoring and transfer agency service (if applicable) for Mutual /Unit trust, Trust Plan, corporate annuity, Qualified Foreign Institutional Investors (QFII), Qualified Domestic Institutional Investors (QDII).
- Ensure proper books of accounts and records are maintained, accurate financial valuations are released on time
- Ensure the efficient ongoing administration of funds under administration and the compliance of provisions as defined in the funds constitutive documents to meet clients' service level standard or regulatory requirement
- Monitor the accuracy of fund valuations and other reporting to clients/regulators
- Negotiate with external auditors for the completion of annual account audits of clients' funds
- Liaise with internal audits or risk control to ensure compliance with Bank policy
- Liaise with regulator, market participants and vendor on the regulatory and market requirement on fund accounting, and its implementation and compliance.
- Work closely with fund service team mate
- Participate in new/enhanced fund service product as well as its operations workflow/system development
- Assist the manager in implementing an annual plan for identified clients and delivering services to meet client expectations
- Familiar with all fund accounting system and regulatory reporting system
- University graduate with a degree in accounting, finance or related discipline
- Relevant experience in fund valuation or administration at fund companies and local bank etc, with a good understanding of the fund administration, accounting, valuation, custody and compliance monitoring, and with practical experience in process setup/review project
- Good team player and equip the experience in dealing the team previously. Able to develop and maintain good relationship with clients and colleagues
- Able to provide professional guidelines and advice to clients on operational issues as well as enhancing procedures and controls
- Able to work independently and effectively
- Meticulous with detail and be able to identify gaps in fund accounting operation
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.