Advisory - Risk, Financial Services - Actuarial - Senior Associate
- To be discussed.
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Ernst & Young Hong Kong
- 17 Jan 17
In today’s complex business environment, developing a sound strategy using global insight and local reach is critical. As an actuarial professional, you’ll work closely with clients’ actuarial functions to assess their effectiveness and help them identify opportunities for improvement. Working alongside talented colleagues as part
In today’s complex business environment, developing a sound strategy using global insight and local reach is critical. As an actuarial professional, you’ll work closely with clients’ actuarial functions to assess their effectiveness and help them identify opportunities for improvement. Working alongside talented colleagues as part of a high-performing team, you’ll help clients adopt new financial reporting standards and support mergers and acquisitions.
Our structured career framework means you’ll continue to develop, whatever level you’re at. And with a truly global integrated network, you’ll liaise with colleagues and clients across sectors and borders. So whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
· Deliver work products for at least one phase of an actuarial project
· Complete allocated tasks efficiently while demonstrating professional judgment in seeking assistance, discussing ideas and resolving issues
· Deliver work products to support development of project proposals, business plan for a new service or product or a large account management strategy
· Understand and apply appropriate EY methods and tools (or recognized equivalent) in completing assignments
· Provide guidance to junior team members and review their work
· Perform data checks through the use of reconciliations, reasonableness checks and summaries. Follow up issues with client.
· Identify potential opportunities for EY to help client, and refer these to appropriate team members
· Apply knowledge to meet client needs
· Build relationships with colleagues outside primary area of expertise to gain perspective across Advisory
Qualifications, Education and Certification
To qualify, candidates must have:
· University / College graduate with at least 3 - 5 years of insurance experience in an actuarial and/or risk-related role for Senior Associate
· Candidates with less experience would be considered as Associate
· Good progress in actuarial professional examination
· Good project management, communication and people skill
· Proficiency in MS Office
· Knowledge in insurance financial reporting basis, e.g. IFRS, HKICO, Solvency II, RBC, is preferred
· Proficiency in actuarial software, e.g. Prophet, AXIS, is an advantage
· Good command of spoken and written English; Mandarin is an advantage