Assistant Corporate Actions Manager
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
- 03 Jan 17
Please view Job Description for details.
Standard Chartered is a leading international banking group committed to building a successful and sustainable future for our people, our customers and the communities we serve. With 1,700 branches and offices in 68 markets in Asia, Africa and the Middle East, we offer exciting and challenging international career opportunities to over 89,000 employees.
To monitor the execution of corporate action transactions for clients and other related needs with excellent service standards.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
1. To ensure daily corporate actions activities for CB Wealth Management HK, Singapore and Malaysia are timely and efficiently processed.
2. Take proactive action to ensure continuous improvement and effective risk management in order to protect clients' and Bank's interests.
3. To support the business in meeting its obligations on the prevention of money laundering under the Group's policy and Standards, and under local law and regulations.
4. To support section manager to implement internal control procedures and suggest effective controlling in daily operation.
5. Effectively communicate with custodians and ensure completeness and efficient of client instruction processed.
6. Resolve all problematic transactions on operations and proactively work closely with internal & external parties such as counterparties and the custodian to pre-empt potential service level issues.
7. Guide and motivate the team to be effective, including crewing of resources to support other area of Operations.
Qualifications and Skills
1. University graduate with relevant working experience in Corporate Actions processing in HK and international market
2. Strong risk and control awareness with good time management skill
3. Good problem solving and analytical skills
4. Be a active team player with strong interpersonal skills
5. Keen learner with drive and ability to motivate others
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
The closing date for applications is 31 Jan 17. Please note all closing dates are given in Hong Kong time (GMT + 8 hours). We aim to respond to successful applicants within four weeks and will keep a record or your application in our database so that we can contact you when suitable vacancies arise in future.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Standard Chartered is an equal opportunity employer. We have a meritocratic culture where each individual employee is valued and respected for who they are as a person and for what they bring to the organisation.