Front Office IT Business Analyst - Derivatives
- Competitve Salary + Relocation Package for the right candidate
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- TEKsystems Hong Kong
- 17 Jan 17
A top-tier investment bank with heavy presence in Asia is looking for a Front Office Business Analyst to join their Equities Risk Technology team. The successful candidate will drive regional projects by bridging the gap between business users and development teams globally, and support their Front Office Risk Management systems. He or she will have an in-depth understanding of Delta One products, with a focus on Equity Swaps. This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to put themselves into a true top-tier environment and learn from the industry’s elite.
- Own and drive forward the process of gathering business requirements and translating them into approved specifications.
- Perform analysis of existing and proposed systems, decomposing and documenting the related business concepts, process flows, data element definitions, calculations, reports and screen layouts.
- Prepare comprehensive functional specifications for development projects based on business requirements, priorities and scope.
- Create use cases and/or acceptance tests to clarify and supplement functional requirements.
- Mediate between the various interested parties to interpret/clarify requirements and help resolve any differences that might arise as a result.
- Proactively notify stakeholders when requirements are added or removed from scope.
- Adhere to established best practices and SDLC processes.
- Produce required content for product documentation, e.g. release notes, user guides, support guides
- Take on multiple projects simultaneously as needed.
- Bachelor's degree with 5+ years of experience in Equity Derivative products and trading products
- Master level education on mathematics and/or financial engineering
- Must be familiar with the Software Development Life Cycle, practical experience with Agile is an advantage
- Participate in weekly project review reporting processes, including analysis and preparation of project dashboards, metrics, and materials
- Play a proactive role in the promotion of project management methods and standards, implementation of good project management practice, and the monitoring of critical projects
- Actively identify and manage risks and issues, working with development teams to create mitigation plans and follow-through to resolution
- Must demonstrate excellent documentation skills (provide a returnable sample of writing style for review).
- Must be energetic, self-motivated and possess excellent analytic and communication skills.
If interested, please send your CV to John Sze: email@example.com or call in at 3473 3259 for a confidential discussion