Junior IT Support | Systems Administrator | Hong Kong
- Base + Bonus
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Eclipse Trading
- 20 Feb 17
Eclipse Trading is a proprietary trading firm specializing in derivatives trading and a leading options market maker in Asia. Combining our trading experience, technology and risk management, we currently trade the Asian markets and have offices in Hong Kong, Sydney, and Shanghai. Technology is an integral part of our business and we seek high caliber individuals for our Operations Team.
This is an outstanding opportunity for a talented and motivated Junior/Graduate engineer to work in the most exciting city in Asia at the center of the Asian financial markets. We're looking for passionate and decisive individuals who want to work in a fast-paced trading environment and put their talents to work in a team-oriented role. The successful candidate will be part of our growing Operations team in Hong Kong, and will be responsible for the upkeep of all office IT equipment, infrastructure and facilities.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Administering Windows and Linux servers assisting developers with their requests
- Consistently working on ways to automate or enhance our Windows and Linux systems
- Working closely with trading support team and perform requests as they arise
- Ensure that trader PC’s are always functioning well within their capacity and always kept up to date with the latest hardware to ensure maximum performance
- Liaising with external vendors and managing their internal tasks
- Installation, configuration and maintaining high level performance and usability of workstations, peripheral equipment and Windows desktop software
- Ensure workstations interconnect seamlessly with diverse Trading systems,
- Performing hardware adds moves and changes to trading workstation environments and back office
What you offer
- Excellent communications skills, good command of spoken and written English
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft operating systems
- Knowledge of Linux operating systems
- Sound knowledge of a scripting or programming languages (eg: BASH, BATCH)
- Sound knowledge of TCP/IP networking (trouble shooting desktop issues)
- Hands-on knowledge of PC components, installation and configuration
- Ability to work independently and unsupervised
What we offer
- Exposure to diverse range of technologies
- Excellent learning opportunities within IT
- A young, dynamic, informal work environment, but still results driven
- A work-life balance in a multi-cultural environment with reasonable work hours
- A fast growing company, encouraging the exploration of new technologies and ideas
- A flat management structure, where everyone is willing to voice his/her opinion
- A hands-on experience in the most exciting part of the financial industry
- An attractive benefits package with discretionary bonus scheme
If you want to work in a fast paced and proactive working environment, allowing you to be highly visible and rewarded on your results, then joining us will be a positive and significant step in your career.
All information provided will be treated in strict confidence and used solely for recruitment purposes.
For further information, please visit our website: http://www.eclipseoptions.com
Due to the high number of responses that we receive, we are only able to respond to successful applicants.