Risk Manager, Country Technology
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
- 29 Dec 16
Please view Job Description for details.
Standard Chartered is a leading international banking group committed to building a successful and sustainable future for our people, our customers and the communities we serve. With 1,700 branches and offices in 68 markets in Asia, Africa and the Middle East, we offer exciting and challenging international career opportunities to over 89,000 employees.
1. Assist Management in coordinating, driving and directing effective management of Technology related risks.
2. Assist Management in implementing robust processes and controls to meet all regulatory and internal requirements in respective technology areas.
3. Ensure proper functioning of day-to-day controls by performing periodic assessment and monitoring activities in technology functions and relevant business/functions areas.
4. Timely identification, escalation and resolution of technology related issues.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
1. To manage the technology related risk by following the Group Operational Risk Framework and ensure the adequacy of IT controls.
2. To ensure timely escalation of significant technology related incidents / risk event to Management as appropriate.
3. To implement and execute the sample testing processes, and test the population of controls to ensure compliance with agreed control standards as well as facilitating the monitoring/collection of key risk indicators.
4. To support and provide guidance to the responsible persons to ensure integrity, quality and completeness in the execution of sample testing.
5. To identify emerging or existing technology related risks and measure the impact, likelihood of the risks and mitigate the risks through preventive, compensating and contingency measures.
6. To regularly monitor technology-related risks and record the risk in the Group risk tracking system in accordance with Group Operational Risk Procedures and ensure risks and relevant control enhancement are resolved in an appropriate and timely manner.
7. To assist business units and IT functions in performing the technology risk management process which identifies, measures, monitors and controls technology-related risks.
8. To raise the awareness of and compliance with Technology control policies, and to provide support for root cause analysis of investigation of technology-related incidents
Qualifications and Skills
- University degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Relevant working experience, preferably in Banking and Finance sector, including IT security
- Professional certifications or designations in security, IT auditing, IT Compliance is an advantage
- Customer-oriented, good communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong problem solving skill and analytical mindset
- Proven ability to build relationships, engage and influence others, work with a diverse internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including demonstrated ability to be sensitive.
- Effective influencing and negotiation skills with the aptitude.
- Proven ability to work with global teams to achieve the job objectives.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively simultaneously, while managing multiple priorities within tight deadlines.
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
The closing date for applications is 02/28/2017 Please note all closing dates are given in Hong Kong time (GMT + 8 hours). We aim to respond to successful applicants within four weeks and will keep a record or your application in our database so that we can contact you when suitable vacancies arise in future.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Standard Chartered is an equal opportunity employer. We have a meritocratic culture where each individual employee is valued and respected for who they are as a person and for what they bring to the organisation.