Senior Developer Analyst
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
- 21 Dec 16
Please view Job Description for details.
Standard Chartered is a leading international banking group committed to building a successful and sustainable future for our people, our customers and the communities we serve. With 1,700 branches and offices in 68 markets in Asia, Africa and the Middle East, we offer exciting and challenging international career opportunities to over 89,000 employees.
Enter job description
Key Roles and Responsibilities
* An excellent developer with good software design principles and the ability to write robust code and accompanying test suites
* Ability to design and build smart, scalable solutions to tight deadlines
* Ability to write efficient, clear code and be able to articulate what has been implemented and why
* Experience working in an agile development environment
* Self-starter who can drive/facilitate requirements and development effort
* Take ownership and responsibility for the full development lifecycle
* A team player, capable of engaging with other teams in Technology
* Experience in the end-to-end design, development and support for Sharepoint, Web and Excel VB solution
* Ability to work and liaise directly with the business, operations and various risk functions
* Provide second line support
* Functional programming experience a plus
Qualifications and Skills
Qualifications and Skills
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
* hands on development with investment banking IT experience
* Expert knowledge of the Microsoft technologies, including .NET, ASP.NET, MVC, MS SQL Server, Sharepoint, Excel VBA, Core Java
* Experience on at least 2-3 mobile implementations involving Android and/or iOS native SDKs
* Expert knowledge in database design and development
* Knowledge of mobile application security, authentication and encryption methodologies
* Experience developing software using Agile/Scrum methodology
* Experience integrating complex systems with external vendors
* Good understanding of modern mobile application development principles and Android / iOS app deployment procedures
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Microsoft and other technical certifications
* Outstanding problem solving skills
* Proactive, self starter, autonomous
* Good team spirit
* Ability to work under pressure with multiple assignments
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
The closing date for applications is 02/28/2017. Please note all closing dates are given in Hong Kong time (GMT + 8 hours). We aim to respond to successful applicants within four weeks and will keep a record or your application in our database so that we can contact you when suitable vacancies arise in future.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Standard Chartered is an equal opportunity employer. We have a meritocratic culture where each individual employee is valued and respected for who they are as a person and for what they bring to the organisation.