Systems Administrator | Trading Floor and Back Office Desktop Support
- Base + Bonus
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Eclipse Trading
- 16 Jan 17
This is an outstanding opportunity for a talented and motivated Junior/Graduate engineer to work in the most exciting city in Asia at the centre of the Asian financial markets. We're looking for passionate and decisive individuals who want to work in a fast paced trading environment and put their talents to work in a team-oriented role. The successful candidate will be part of our growing Operations team in Hong Kong, and will be responsible for the upkeep of all office IT equipment, infrastructure and facilities.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Installation, configuration and maintaining high level performance and usability of workstations, peripheral equipment and Windows desktop software
- Ensure workstations interconnect seamlessly with diverse systems including Trading systems, application servers, file servers, email servers and computer administrative systems
- Performing hardware adds moves and changes to trading workstation environments and back office
- Administering Windows and Linux servers assisting developers with their requests
- Consistently working on ways to automate or enhance our Windows and Linux systems
- Working closely with trading support team and perform requests as they arise
- Ensure that trader PC’s are always functioning well within their capacity and always kept up to date with the latest hardware to ensure maximum performance
- Liaising with external vendors and managing their internal tasks
What you offer
- Excellent communications skills, good command of spoken and written English
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft operating systems
- Past experience with the MS suite of products
- Strong knowledge of Linux operating systems
- Knowledge of scripting languages, preferably Python, PERL, BASH
- Sound knowledge of TCP/IP networking (trouble shooting desktop issues)
- Interest in supporting desktops in a corporate environment
- Excellent hands-on knowledge of PC components, installation and configuration
- Ability to work independently and unsupervised
What we offer
- A young, dynamic, informal work environment, but still results driven
- A work-life balance in a multi-cultural environment with reasonable work hours
- A fast growing company, encouraging the exploration of new technologies and ideas
- A flat management structure, where everyone is willing to voice his/her opinion
- A hands-on experience in the most exciting part of the financial industry
- An attractive benefits package with discretionary bonus scheme
If you want to work in a fast paced and proactive working environment, allowing you to be highly visible and rewarded on your results, then joining us will be a positive and significant step in your career.
How to Apply
Please send us your resume (in PDF or MS Word format) by clicking the 'APPLY' botton below.
All information provided will be treated in strict confidence and used solely for recruitment purposes.
For further information, please visit our website: http://www.eclipseoptions.com
Due to the high number of responses that we receive, we are only able to respond to successful applicants.