Web Operations - Level 3 Infrastructure Specialist
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 19 Jan 17
See job description for details
Web Infrastructure Operations Specialist
The Web Infrastructure Operations Level 3 team is part of the Enterprise Computing Organization of Morgan Stanley. Our global team is focused on the core infrastructure supporting Application Delivery across Morgan Stanley. This includes supporting a multi-vendor Load Balancer environment responsible for providing services to both internal and external clients. You will integrate into the global follow the sun operations model, which translates to global responsibility for the aforementioned technologies in the respective regions.
Our day-2-day responsibilities also include:
- Supporting a high number of devices and application flows in an enterprise environment providing cloud-like experience for developers
- Using sophisticated network tooling to address network connectivity issues, fault analysis, failure avoidance, and the diagnosis and resolution of any other functionally impacting issues in distributed systems environments
- Working with an in house application management system designed to simplify the deployment and management of application devliery components. Users can model a configuration using the system's relational data model, control and monitor their services over the network via a GUI console
- Addressing L2 escalations
- Process improvement, automation, scripting
- Writing technical documentation
You will also have the opportunity to work in a virtual global team, including several esteemed SMEs, using Jive, Twiki and SharePoint for collaboration.*L1-KW1
We are looking for you if you:
- Possess strong knowledge of TCP/IP protocols, particularly TCP and IP themselves, as well as HTTP and DNS.
- You should also feel comfortable with system administration of Unix.
- Deep understand F5 BigIP and A10 Thunder Application Delivery Devices.
- Have administrative competence in at least one major programming language or platform (for example, Perl, Python, Powershell, or C# )
- Have strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks and high pressure situations for outage handling, management or resolution
- Can communicate effectively with various user groups (developers, engineers) as well as remote team members
- Are driven to learn about new technologies, techniques and what it takes to be an integral member of this team