Senior Data Analyst
- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Contract, Full time
- Standard Chartered Global Business Services Sdn Bhd
- 17 Aug 17
Data Analyst supporting the Head/Senior Manager for the recording, ongoing maintenance and governance of the Bank’s data taxonomy and data lineage of critical data elements for all programs complying with the Data Quality policy
- Drive and support the update, validation, gap identification and remediation of data taxanomy and data lineage of the critical data elements of the Bank (for Day 1 go-live).
- Drive and support the user requirements, development, testing and implementation of the Metadata tool & utility for data taxanomy and data lineage (for Day 2 go-live)
- Drive and support the update, validation, gap identification and remediation on Data SLAs from manual to online form (for Day 1 go-live)
- Drive and support the user requirement, development, testing and implemention of the online Data SLA and its underlying roles/workflows (for Day 2 go-live)
- Drive and support the commercialisation of the Metadata tool & utility including developing user guides, FAQs, training workshops and other related training sessions.
- Drive and support the set-up of reporting and governance processes – this includes development and testing of reports for monitoring DQ metrics for Metadata standards.
- Support the Data Quality Management framework by satisfying the clarity principle through clear data definitions that are unambiguous whilst at the same time relevant to the Bank’s internal terminology.
- Ensuring ongoing compliance to specific paragraphs under BCBS 239 to establish a dedicated data dictionary including integrated taxonomies for risk data concepts used in SCB
- 5-10 years of work experience in Banking domain involving one or more of the following: Core Banking, Trade & lending products, Treasury products (Foreign exchange, Money market, Bonds etc), Client on boarding or Due diligence, Regulatory or Internal reporting, sanctions/ anti-money-laundering, Risk Management (Market, Credit or Operational)
- IT or data analysis/ profiling roles supporting the above areas including in development and running of data warehouses for the same above areas
- Proficient with advanced MS Excel (critical to data analysis work)
- Prior experience of data analysis and profiling work
- Knowledge and experience of SQL
- Experience of working with data profiling and metadata tools (Informatica) is advantegous
- Experience of working with any of the major transaction processing systems (e.g., Imex, Murex, ACBS) or data warehouses (Teradata) used in SCB