Audit Manager, Financial Markets
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
- 11 Jan 17
Please view Job Description for details.
To undertake risk assessments and perform or lead, where directed, internal audit engagements of diverse business units or functions to deliver the audit plan established in conjunction with relevant members of the Functional Teams.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
* Establish and develop effective working relationships with Management of business units for which incumbent has risk assessment responsibility.
* Act as liaison with Management to ensure full understanding of business strategy, plans, products, performance and risk-related issues at business unit level and communicating these to the relevant Functional Team members via bottom-up continuing risk assessments and dialogue.
* Perform, support or lead where directed, the planning, fieldwork, and reporting of internal audit engagements to deliver agreed assurance objectives to established standards and timelines.
* Provide non-assurance services to business units where required, through participation on advisory engagements / special projects within the Group.
* Where undertaking the role of Team Leader, provide interim performance feedback to team members through written evaluations.
* Share knowledge, skills and experience with team members to guide and assist in their development.
* Identify and escalate significant issues.
Qualifications and Skills
* Professional auditors or business practitioners with core audit / business skills.
* Effective collaborative skills that contribute to positive working relationships with counterparts in Group Audit and the business.
* Demonstrate ability to work independently and seek guidance when needed.
* Demonstrate ability to multi-task without loss of quality.
* Flexibility to work across different functions and situations globally, and change priorities at short notice.
* Demonstrate ability to think objectively and "think outside the box" when analysing issues and recommending / developing solutions.
* Effective oral and written communication skills.
* Ability to foster a participative and cooperative work environment.
* Demonstrate understanding of and commitment to the Group's core values.
* Engagement in professional certification activities, including completion of mandatory Bank-sponsored industry certification (e.g. credit, trade finance etc.) where appropriate.
* Professional audit certification encouraged.
* Ability to commit to 40% business travel.
* Ability to perform role of "Change Leader".
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
The closing date for applications is 31/01/2017. Please note all closing dates are given in Hong Kong time (GMT + 8 hours). We aim to respond to successful applicants within four weeks and will keep a record or your application in our database so that we can contact you when suitable vacancies arise in future.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.