Automation Test Engineer
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
- 05 Jan 17
Please view Job Description for details.
The Testing and Delivery Engineering organisation in SCB is responsible for the testing of all applications in the financial markets domain within Standard Chartered Bank. Our focus is on quality through disciplined testing process and automated testing. We are expanding our team in SG to cover our portfolio of projects and applications.
We are seeking talented and motivated individuals for the role of Test Engineer on a significant existing in house project(SABRE,GMR)
The successful candidate will be a good functional/technical tester having good domain knowledge in Financial Markets specific to derivatives of any asset class.
The candidate should also be proficient in the knowledge of Investment Banking operations of FO, MO, BO, Sales or Regulatory functions. She/He will be an eager learner willing to learn new techniques and technologies and should be able to work effectively in a collaborative team environment.
We are seeking an energetic, talented and motivated individual for the role of Test Automation Engineer on a significant project.
- Good understanding of Core Java, TDD/BDD and test automation frameworks.
- The successful candidate would have a proven track record as a strong Automation engineer and would have strong technical skills to implement any kind of automation.
- Design, develop, and maintain automated testing process, framework & scripts for banking applications.
- Drive improved automation test coverage across products and systems.
- Perform automation of Acceptance, Unit, Functional, Integration, System, Regression, Performance and Security testing.
- Performs evaluation, analysis and makes recommendations regarding tool usage and selection.
- Work with development, quality team and product management to improve efficiency and effectiveness of automation.
- Establish Test Environments Management and Test Data Management strategies and implement them for different testing activities.
- Designing the test automation using BDD
Key Roles and Responsibilities
Enter roles and responsibilities
Qualifications and Skills
- 6-8 years of experience in designing and implementing Automation Testing Strategies and Framework for large scale banking systems.
- Must have very good hands-on experience on core java
- Must have good hands-on experience on Test Complete and QTP.
- Expertise in build automation tools like Ant, Maven and Gradle.
- Good knowledge on version control tools like Git, Perforce, Github, Stash or similar tools.
- Work with the software development teams to build continuous test environments and to make application more testable
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex software development/design issues using clean, coherent code following established coding guidelines
- Must possess excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Experience in an Agile development environment highly desired.
- Understanding Selenium Webdriver is a plus.
- Expert level knowledge of QA Automation process and testing methodology.
- Candidate should have ability to learn new techniques and technologies quickly
- Analytical Skill: Candidate should be posses' good analytical skills
- Good knowledge on Risk
- In Depth knowledge of trade lifecycle required for all trade types. Candidate should know and validate all steps in trade lifecycle from exchanged settled trades to OTCs.
- Candidate should have exposure in Trade Booking model, Product on-boarding, Life cycling FO/MO/BO/Risk or regulatory experience.
- Knowledge of QA and testing standards, methodologies, tools and processes
- Ability to succeed in high energy, dynamic environment
- Self driven, good communication skills
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.