See job description for detailsAn exciting opportunity has just come for you to join ANZ as a Database Specialist.
- Implement high quality Database enhancement and projects in ANZ Bank
- 1 year fixed term contract opportunity
- Reports to the Delivery Manager
About the role
The role will require acting as the owner of non-production environments for database back-up, recovery and integrity, managing database design with application teams, and implementing enhancements to database structures. The role will also entail collaboration with vendors to contribute to problem resolution with optimum speed and efficiency.
The Database Specialist is accountable for the DB administration and maintenance, concentrating on performance monitoring and tuning.
To be effective in this role, you will ideally possess the following -
- Extensive experience in Database Administration for SQL Server (2012) and Oracle
- Sound knowledge in troubleshooting and resolving SQL Server & Oracle database problems
- Expertise in Performance Tuning and Optimization using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools and experience with backups, restores and recovery models
- In terms of TSQL Development - ability to write, troubleshoot and optimize SQL Code and design
- Good knowledge of indexes, index management and statistics
- Experience in the usage of Windows server, Active Directory and proper disk configurations
- Knowledge in Sybase and SQL Server/Oracle Certification is a plus
- Good communication and documentation skills and autonomous, dynamic decision-making ability
ANZ is a leading regional bank with representation in 34 markets, focusing on core markets in Australia, New Zealand and Asia Pacific. As we continue our journey to build our global business and support our customers, we’re committed to attracting and retaining the best talent. We’ve made it our business to be an organisation where people strive, and are rewarded, for excellence.
We’re exploring new and better ways to progress the business with energy and enthusiasm. Backed by a proud and established heritage, we’re on a journey creating a regional bank. Connected by integrity and clarity of strategy, there is a real sense of excitement about the future.
At ANZ we aim to create a work environment where employee differences such as gender, age, culture, disability, sexual orientation, family and caring responsibilities and religion are valued.
‘We work flexibly at ANZ. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you.’
Find out more about working at ANZ or to view other opportunities visit www.anz.com/careers
We connect you to a world of opportunity.
Watch our Global Stories to see how ANZ aims to meet the needs of our customers and to attract and retain the best people in a changing world ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JK__FGv4dNU ).
You may apply for this role by visiting ANZ Careers and search for reference SIN005552.