- Permanent, Full time
- 17 Jan 17
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Deal coach assists IBM bid team to determine sales vulnerabilities at opportunity level for large deals and recommend solutions to drive business value. When coaching an opportunity, he/she uses in-depth consulting skills and business knowledge aligned to business objectives, processes, measurements and tools to analyze clients business issues & relationship landscape, formulate hypotheses and test conclusions to determine appropriate solutions.
This role operates in a matrix environment which requires business unit, country, or international professional mastery related to operations, strategies, and objectives in leading edge or critical situations. Deal Coach requires teamwork at highest levels, plan and conduct complex negotiations reaching lasting agreements and commitments. He/she needs to anticipate, create and define innovative and visionary concepts in strategic environment.
Deal coach develops and implements product, market, business, or technology strategies with executive review. He/she has vision of overall strategies, contributes to policy making, and recognized as an expert and leader by members of a field, related functions, and multi -country organizations. During coaching of a large deal, deal coach exerts influence on business unit, country, international teams, and conducts special projects.
He/she is accountable for the win rate & deal coaching coverage of large deals within business unit, major country, or international projects or programs. This is role responsible for committing multiple resources and achieving customer satisfaction, other business measurements of critical importance. Responsible for quality output/value add for highly visible products, services and future business development.
Deal coach understands the strategies of specific industries and market segments in which IBM chooses to do business and help with make or buy analysis. He/she demonstrates an understanding of the overall market place dynamics, and assesses each competitor's current position in the market and requirements for future leadership. This role understands the total market opportunity in terms of spend, growth, technology, capabilities and environmental factors.
- Must be able to demonstrate strategic thinking, flexibility and agility.
- Must have the critical ability to work on multiple projects with conflicting deadlines, the ability to inspire and drive engagement of a team, and comfortably work with cross-functional partners at all levels within the organization.
- Understands and reports on how regulation, cultural shifts, and local requirements affect the market and customer needs.
- Reviews and reports on multiple sources of information to develop comprehensive assessments of industry situations and competitive strategies. This may include recurring reports on the industry, analyst reports, and competitor announcements.
- Partners with IBM's subject matter experts, stakeholders across the organization, customers, vendors, and producers of research materials to support ongoing analysis
- Work across functions to build strong focus on dealing with competition in marketing and business plans
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
Role ( Job Role )
Primary job category
Secondary Job Category
State / Province
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village