Desktop Support Specialist
- Permanent, Full time
- OCBC Bank
- 16 Aug 17
Desktop Support Specialist1. To provide day to day IT support services on end user touch points, namely Desktops/Laptops; Mobile Telephony (Mobile Iron, Blackberry, iPad, iPhone, Android, etc); desk phones, video & voice conferencing, etc.
2. Be the focal point of contact for users pertaining to all end user touch point related enquiries/issues.
3. To work closely with 2nd level support teams/vendors, on resolving all Networked/Applications/Infra related issues affecting end user touch points, ensuring fast turnaround time for service recovery.
4. To prepare, verify and distribute quarterly Desktop OS images updates based on stringent test plans derived.
5. To prepare, verify and distribute various monthly End User Services related reports.
6. To prepare and package approved software into distribution packages to ease installation process.
7. To perform root caused analysis, derive permanent solutions and preventive measures on all end user touch point issues identified.
8. To maintain high customer service excellence while working under highly stressed situations.
More than 5 years' experience in Desktop Support with the following technical skills
- Experienced in providing end user related support and services in a banking/Financial Institutions environment preferred.
- Experienced in Desktop SOE image preparation using Microsoft MDT/SCCM is an advantage.
- Experienced in CA IT Client Management Suite of tools is advantageous.
- Highly skilled in supporting all versions of Microsoft Desktop Operating Systems and Technologies/Tools, including but not limited to Office 2010/Office 2016/Office 365 (Advanced Excel/Word formulas and macros; PowerPoint decks).
- Experienced in supporting mobile devices such as Blackerry/iPhone/iPad/Android mobiles/tablets, etc.
- Experienced in supporting remote and mobile connectivity technologies (VPN, dial-up, broadband, ADSL, cable, fiber broadband, 3G/HSDPA/HSUPA/LTE).
- Must be a team player and able to establish good rapport with end users and backend teams/vendors alike.
- Must be technically sound on Desktop/End User Technologies and the latest IT trends.
- Excellent communications and presentation skills
- Highly customer focused and a team player
- Pleasant personality
- Must love technology