- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
- 16 Jan 17
Please view Job Description for details.
The purpose of the role is to provide Development services within the Margin Reform Project, which is part of the Markets Wealth and Securities Group. The key elements of the programme are:
- Global Framework definition front to back
- Java/ C++/ Oracle technologies
This role is an exciting opportunity to contribute to the programme in meeting its objective.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
Candidate is expected to:
- Have a structured approach to software delivery within Financial Markets.
- Deliver quality documented software components
- Adhere to delivery excellence, ensuring application release quality
- Build relationships with key people: Fellow developers, Development managers inside/outside Financial Markets, Infrastructure contacts, and Business Stakeholders etc.
- Adhere to SCB Development and management practices
- Manage application support handover to global Production Support teams, and assisting in 2nd line support where necessary once the new platform is put live and production support build up their knowledge around this domain
The Integration Developer will assist in delivering this programme by :
- Identifying/Gathering/ Questioning and challenging when necessary/ documenting the interface requirements front to back
- Re-engineering existing processes towards full STP
- Specifying the use cases
- Defining the high level test cases
- Performing the high level tests
- Coordinating the test activities with the front to back upstreams and downstreams
- Assisting the project roll-out in each location
- Complying with Standard Chartered Bank project framework and business analysis methodology.
Qualifications and Skills
- Proven experience of working on scalable, performant and resilient transaction processing systems in the Financial markets arena
- Good knowledge of all aspects of software design and development including the judicious use of domain specific languages and code generation techniques
- Proven ability to understand business needs, across asset classes and with a front to back perspective
- Must have an excellent working knowledge of the design of scalable, high availability, distributed architectures including three tier and N tier
- Must have an excellent grasp of web-services and messaging protocols including reliable and guaranteed messaging delivery policies
- Must have an excellent grasp of multi threaded development in Java and ideally exposure to JBoss, webmethods , Hibernate, XML manipulation and a practical knowledge of shell scripting
- Working understanding of SQL
- Experience of working in a distributed team environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proven skills in time management, being a self-starter, staff management and leadership in working with vendors and internal teams
- Programming language: Core Java, C++, Perl Script
- Database: Oracle
- Query: SQL/PLSQL/Hibernate SQL
- Messaging: Java Messaging Service/ Solace Messaging Framework/ Tibco Messaging /XML/FPML
- Object Oriented methodologies
- Unix/Shell Scripting
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.