- Temporary, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
- 14 Feb 17
Please view Job Description for details.
The Operations Technology - Validation team, part of the Financial Markets organization, are seeking a "Java Developer" to help maintain and enhance a core FM application in a Singapore-based role. The candidate would be expected to perform hands on coding.
The successful candidate will be expected to design, test and implement solutions for an existing mature application crucial to FM trade processing, providing 3rd level support and liaising with other teams within the Bank to ensure quality releases into development, testing and production environments.
The candidate will be expected to work in a "build-quality-in" mindset, and help improve the understanding of software craftsmanship by developing internal test automation related solutions, REST based services, as well as general internal web development and automated testing suite integration. As we are building out our capability in test automation, experience in Specification by Example would be helpful to grow our capability in this area, as well as Acceptance Test Driven Development through tools such as Cucumber. Experience with CI/CD tools such as Jenkins/Ansible would also be beneficial, along with dependency management tools such as Maven/Nexus.
The role will require on-going engagement with a broad constituency across the bank, dealing with teams in both development and testing. The successful candidate will be expected to take initiative and ownership of all aspects of software delivery, as well as being able to work with remote teams and able to properly time-manage their activities and lead/participate in prioritization discussions and issue triaging.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Focus on maintaining/enhancing an existing application, take initiative, responsibility and ownership of building and delivering quality software releases to production.
- Liaise with application stakeholders to prioritise change implementation.
- Provide guidance on questions and issues from users.
- Hands-on development, primarily in Java and related open-source libraries
- Engage with testing and development teams across the bank;
- Work within a transitioning agile development process that integrates with the bank-wide DevOps stack (Jenkins, JIRA);
- Keeps current with new technical developments for potential use as solutions to requirements;
- Works with security and compliance teams to ensure solutions conform to bank and industry standards;
- Delivers high quality engineering solutions for the bank business needs;
- Provides consultancy and advisory services to the business, systems development and QA for test automation and orchestration;
- Undertakes continuous improvement for the current Infrastructure;
Qualifications and Skills
- Established professional with 10 or more years working in the related technology infrastructure development life-cycles, development, testing, and implementation;
- Communicator with ability to influence direction and strategy of technology organization;
- Self-starter, capable of working without direction;
- Sound problem analysis and resolution abilities;
- Ability to look at the "big picture" and display Systems Thinking to improve efficiency and be unafraid to raise issues or challenge the status-quo.
- Established technology engineer with 10+ years working at an enterprise level
- Background in various disciplines, including traditional/waterfall and agile software development methodologies, with a significant period of time inside a development team.
- Good Object-Oriented development experience.
- Knowledge of design patterns, SOLID/GRASP would be beneficial
- Experience in legacy code refactoring would be helpful.
- Significant experience in Java, and related technologies such as Spring, XML, Hibernate, SQL, JMS/MQ.
- Solid understanding of the role and value of software QA and automated testing
- Broad interest in software languages and development practices.
- Systems engineering experience encompassing networking, resources, architectures, performance and design.
- Solid technical knowledge of Unix and Windows host operating systems.
- Experience with Compliance and Regulatory constraints required.
- An understanding of DevOps and related technologies would be an advantage (Jenkins, Maven, Ansible, Nexus).
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.