- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
- 16 Jan 17
Please view Job Description for details.
FMSD (Financial Markets Solution Delivery) is a world class technology group in Standard Chartered bank to provide technical solutions to support the bank's Financial Markets business. We bring a deep understanding of the market, a scientific approach, and innovative technologies to bear on the challenges of profitable trading in the world's highly competitive environment. This is a rare opportunity to get into an organization working with smart, great technologists globally in financial markets domain. The culture in FMSD is open, intellectual, and fun. Learning opportunities are plentiful: organized classes and seminars; freewheeling discussions; intensive one-on-one mentorships. Career advancement is always waiting for those high-energized talents to pursue.
The Derivatives Pricing team is responsible for cross-product transactional pricing of derivatives within Standard Chartered. The development team is driven to provide world class technology to support the bank's Financial Markets business. We bring a deep understanding of the domain, a scientific approach, and innovative solutions to bear on the challenges of best servicing our customers in a highly competitive environment.
As a Senior DevOps Engineer, you'll be involved in driving the adoption of DevOps good practices across the Financial Markets division of the bank, working in a dynamic global team with business analysts, project managers, business stakeholders and other technical experts across multiple locations. Focus will be on turning the project into a "best-in-class" agile project and then pushing the adoption of this model out to other FM projects.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
To develop the Financial Markets adoption and use of best-practice DevOps procedures and tools.
- Design resilient, flexible and scalable solutions following the bank standards.
- Coordinate with other teams in Technology.
Qualifications and Skills
- Hands-on OO Design and Programming. 10+ years software development in a high-level programming language such as Java
- Strong Linux administration and networking skills
- Experience with Agile development principles
- Extensive experience in DevOps and/or Infrastructure support
- Experience with tools such as Jenkins, Ansible, Fabric
- DevOps domain knowledge - Environment provisioning, maintenance and deployment
- Experience in a large, Enterprise organization
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- Outstanding problem solving skills
- Fast Learner
- Proactive, self starter, autonomous
- Good team player
- Knowledge and previous experience in deployment and support of large scale data processing systems built in Java.
- Familiarity and confidence using and administering Atlassian tools such as JIRA/Crucible, etc.
- Self-starter who can drive / facilitate the requirements and DevOps effort with the business.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.