HR Technology Business Analyst
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
- 11 Jan 17
Please view Job Description for details.
- Plan and lead Analysis & Design Fit -Gap Workshops. This will include challenging Business Users on their assumptions of how they will successfully execute their plans and meet business and regulatory requirements
- Collaborate with the HR Community to elicit Business Requirements using a variety of techniques. The preferred methodology may include - interviews, document analysis, workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, task analysis and workflow analysis.
- Work directly with HR Stakeholders to understand HR processes and strategies and determine when to leverage HR Technology and where alternate solutions may be preferable.
- Produce the required documentation using organisational standard templates to support the Business Analysis Phase. This will include, but will not be limited to; Feasibility Study, Fit-Gap Outcomes and Traceability Matrix etc.
- Contribute to project planning and management of milestones.
- Assist the Project Manager in ensuring that project dependencies and inter-dependencies across the entire Programme of HR Projects are understood. This will involve anticipating and planning for how Project Team decisions will impact solution delivery across the entire Programme of HR Projects.
Ensure that the Project Manager is aware of all potential Issues & Risks and provide options for managing risk.
- Influences the Project Team to create and maintain alignment around the Project Objectives, Benefits, Scope and Key Challenges which may affect delivery of the Project according to specified timelines
- Lead the HR Technology Design Phase with stakeholders.
- Use the outcomes of the Analysis Phase to design solution(s) in existing core HR technology platform (PeopleSoft HCM; SABA; Taleo;) which meet user requirements, satisfies regulatory objectives, utilises vanilla technology wherever possible and achieves cost / benefit expectations within the design principles defined by the Project.
- Produce detailed Functional Solution Design documents and partner with the relevant Project Stakeholders to achieve sign-off.
- Support the Technical developers throughout the Technical Design phase.
- Partner with the Process Team to design effective and efficient HR Business & System Processes
- Work with the Testing Team to ensure accurate and valid Functional System Test Plans & Execution.
- Contribute to User Acceptance Testing as required.
- Collaborate with the Testing and Technical Team to confirm other the strategy and plan for other testing phases such as Integration, Performance and / or Regression testing.
Support test manager in investigation and resolution of defects.
- Working with the Change Manager to ensure Communication and Training is provided to relevant users and support teams.
- Planning and managing Conversion activities as required.
- Identifying and supporting Go-Live and Cutover tasks.
- Involvement in out of hours User Validation testing at go-live
- Providing operational support following Go-Live and ensuring transition to service in a business-as-usual environment.
Qualifications and Skills
- Detailed knowledge of Payroll functionality and processes within a global banking / multi-national domain operating in a varied and complex geographical footprint is essential.
- Experience in integrating HR systems to vendor systems hosted in Cloud is required with an understanding of configuration best practice and product capability.
- Additional minimum 8 years experience in designing and deploying HCM process and technology solutions across a wide-range of HR Modules. For example, Workforce Administration, Talent Management, Employee Self-Service, Manager Self-Service etc.
- Practical low level experience of working in projects run as Waterfall or Agile, with an understanding of the different roles a traditional Business Analyst would be involved in
- Experience of the analysis and testing cycle with reference to the nuances of testing Agile deployments, Cloud services and Payroll functions
- Prior experience within an operational HR environment involving positive client-facing partnership with business stakeholders, offshore teams and peers within the Project Team is essential.
- Ideally the candidate will have experience in PeopleSoft version 9.2 but experience with earlier versions and / or other HR applications will be considered.
- The candidate must demonstrate hands on experience of implementing data interface solutions between HR systems and downstream payroll and other vendors, including understanding of validation and transformation rules, testing requirements and adherence to industry best practice standards.
- The candidate must be able to liaise with internal technology teams at a low level of detail as and when required
- Experience with designing workflow and approvals would be highly regarded.
- Experience working with HR Technology projects with a Regulatory focus across multiple countries would be well regarded.
- Prior experience of standardising complex, varied HR processes into elegant global solutions is an advantage
- University Degree Qualification
- Strong HR Operational and Process Improvement skills aligned to strong functional HR Technology skills.
- Ability to critically evaluate vendor offerings from a business process and technology perspective and make objective recommendations
- The proven ability to work under pressure across multiple global projects with complex requirements and challenges.
- The candidate must have strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels in the organisation with both onshore and offshore teams. This will require a clear and concise communication style.
- Requires minimal direction in handling challenging or complex situations but understands when to escalate to Project Manager to ensure issues and risks are managed effectively.
Can work independently to strict timeframes
- Ability to adapt to the standard project methodology of the organisation as required.
Comfortable reviewing and transforming large volumes of data with accuracy and within time constraints.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Project, Visio, PowerPoint, SharePoint 2013 and Excel.
- Strong HR Operational and Process Improvement skills required
- Strong data analysis skills,
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.