Product Engineering Manager
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
- 20 Dec 16
Please view Job Description for details.
Wealth Management Technology and Operations covers treasury, Securities, Investment/Insurance and Portfolio product sets in 32 countries. As a Wealth Management Solution design, you would be required to analyze, design and document technology solutions required in all Consumer Bank segments (Retail, SME, Priority & Private). The role will report directly to the Head, Wealth Management Solution Design.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
Qualifications and Skills
- Degree / Master Degree in computer science, engineering, math, physics or related fields
- Proven ability to influence others for a common goal in a large organization
- Proven experience in wealth management applications, trading systems and in integration of complex banking applications.
- Good understanding of the Financial products in the wealth management area, engineering (product set up), booking model and process, regulatory backgrounds, valuation. In depth knowledge of structured or derivatives instruments, the underlying cash flow, valuation, trading and settlement is a plus.
- 7 + years in defining and implementing (with production deployment) technology solutions, preferably in implementing international, cross-border front to back solutions, spanning from the most modern JEE to old core banking systems
- Communicator with ability to lead and influence direction and strategy of technology organization.
- Self-starter, capable of working without direction and able to deliver technical projects from scratch.
- Significant practical experience in analyzing testing results to assess required software tuning.
- Must have strong sense of responsibility/ownership
- High learning aptitude, able to learn new products and technology very quickly
- Must be an effective communicator with good standard of English literacy, interpersonal, problem solving and analytical skills, and excellent communications and presentation skills
- A team player who enjoys working with people on all levels as well as being able to work independently and under pressure to meet tight deadlines
Computer Software/Languages/Other Requirements:
- Good knowledge of UML and OO patterns design
- Good knowledge of Database engines and ERD design patterns
- Good knowledge of process management tools
- Good knowledge of ESB systems and integration best practices
- Knowledge of trading technologies
- Knowledge of FIX engine
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.