Programmer Prof MKTS
- Permanent, Full time
- Bank Of America / Merrill Lynch
- 19 Jan 17
Programmer Prof MKTS
Bank of America Merrill Lynch is one of Computerworlds top 100 places to work in IT, and GMOT are in the process of establishing the best Agile teams in Investment Banking.
If you are committed to change and like a challenge, then Global Markets Operations Technology (GMOT) is the place for you. We are in the process of moving from traditional application aligned software delivery methods to highly agile cross functional and component teams. This is one of the most interesting and exciting times to join an organization like ours.
Our culture is one of excellence; team work, learning, delivered value and believing in our people. We look for new team members that love to learn and take initiative. If working amongst people who are committed to leading the industry appeals to you, then you need to apply for this role.
The successful candidate will be involved in building the next generation strategic system. Written in Scala and using Event Sourcing, it is being constructed as a replacement to our classic applications. We follow Agile management, Agile, Scrum and Kanban delivery methodologies, with a focus on ATDD/BDD & TDD. You may be involved with classic system changes as well, using technologies including Java, Oracle, SQL Server and Tibco Business Works. Candidates are not expected to know every one of these technologies but they must have an aptitude and appetite for learning.
You will be a senior figure within the department. As a member of an Agile team you will work hand in hand with Operations, your responsibilities spanning the entire delivery pipeline; from gathering requirements, writing tests, developing the system to driving the application architecture. You will be expected to develop relationships across the regional and global technology and user communities. In addition making sure we are always focusing on delivery of value using exceptional quality.
As the successful applicant you will be responsible for supporting modern agile software development methods; including educating & mentoring less experienced OOP team members.
You will be a teaching, team member setting the standards for Test Driven Development, Automated Acceptance Testing, Continuous Integration and more.
- A background in modern OO language with experience in at least one of Java/Scala
- Experienced in using design patterns and following best software engineering practices
- An understanding of fundamental algorithms and ability to optimize existing code
- A history of consistent experience in successful application development in multiple technologies
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills to support and shape the platform and clearly articulate technical designs and concepts
- Relationship building skills
- An understanding of modern architectures and modelling practices
- A team player with exceptional interpersonal skills, eg. Believe in pair programming, collaborative working skills
- Experience of Specification by Example / ATDD / BDD
- Follows clean code principles
- Rigorously adheres to Test Driven Development practices including continual integration
- Experience of Scrum/ Agile methods
- Experience of configuration management/deployment frameworks e.g. Ansible or Puppet.
Bank of America Merrill Lynch is an equal opportunity employer
Posting Date: 05/01/2017
Full / Part-time: Full time
Hours Per Week: 40