Senior Business Analyst, Regional Wealth Projects - Business Transformation, GCFS
- Permanent, Full time
- OCBC Bank
- 19 Aug 17
Senior Business Analyst, Regional Wealth Projects - Business Transformation, GCFSJob description:
The incumbent will be responsible for supporting the Business Project Manager to implement regional digital transformation projects across the key markets of Singapore and Malaysia, focusing on the Wealth Management space. The immediate project involves delivering digital capabilities to enhance OCBC's Wealth proposition for consumer banking customers by providing advisory based around their life goals (e.g. Retirement, Children's education).
The person must be an experienced Business Analyst, comfortable to creatively resolve business needs through requirement gathering, analysis and process improvements.
The successful candidate will have knowledge or experience in wealth advisory, financial needs analysis, investment products and wealth management. He/she must be able to provide high quality business analysis, conduct UAT and provide training and post-implementation support for the project.
- Formulate and define project scope and objectives based on both user needs and a good understanding of applicable business systems and industry requirements
- Develop relationships in the organization and the business unit(s) supported
- Collaborate with project managers (IT and business) & project sponsors to define project scope and vision and identify constraints, dependencies, assumptions, risks and issues
- Identify and translate conceptual business requirements into feasible solutions in a clear manner that is comprehensible to the project team, solution designers and developers
- Work with peers, stakeholders and project team to prioritize requirements and gain approval on defined requirements and artifacts, assisting with issue resolution
- Support Test Manager to validate test plan, test scripts, test results and defects to ensure full coverage of requirements
- Work closely with business users and project team to establish and document end-to-end business processes for the post-live usage of the platform
- Strong Business Analyst skills - Highly analytical, methodical and structured in approach to problem solving with a proven ability to work on own initiative to deliver optimum business solutions
- Work experience of more than 3 years as a Business Analyst / Project Manager having worked on system projects in wealth management/ wealth advisory (financial needs analysis) space
- Good understanding of Wealth products (Unit trusts, Endowments, Bonds etc.) and the sales processes for these products
- Ability to communicate at all levels with clarity and precision (verbal & written)
- Good business and IT acumen