- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank Singapore
- 07 Aug 17
Senior Business Analyst (SABRE)
- Location: Singapore
- Salary: Negotiable
- Job Type: Full time
Please view Job Description for details.The purpose of the role is to provide Business Analysis and Project Management to the Financial Markets Technology group, focusing on Front Office pricing, market data and risk. The joiner will join a high performing team working on in-house cross asset class risk management platform SABRE (Standard Chartered Analytics Booking and Risk Engine). The role will also involve working closely with front office tool developers, quants and the ecommerce team. The initial assignments involve margin calculations and market data rationalization across the FM business.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
The job purpose consist in:o Building strong, effective relationships with both the business and technology teams, across global offices.o Collaborating with front office stakeholders to gather requirements, solve business problems by proposing relevant, innovative solutions.o Working with development teams and quantative analysts to deliver technology deliverables applying agile development methodologies.o Delivering functional consistency across the various projects by influencing technology architecture and design decisionso Translating and documenting business requirementso Working across asset classes FX, Rates, Credit and Commodities (both structured and flow)Key responsibilities are as follows below:o Understand requirements and translate into quality technology solutionso Pro-actively engage, manage and build strong relationships with both business and technology stakeholders o Take ownership of technology deliveries from high level requirement through development, testing and deploymento Translate solutions into detailed, unambiguous, business and functional requirementso Provide on-going support to the technology teams as required e.g. authoring / reviewing test cases, closing out open issues / questions, managing change request process etc.o Identify risks and issues early, plan mitigating steps and communicate these to stakeholders in a timely mannero Work closely with business sponsors, project and programme managers to ensure all stakeholders are fully engaged and expectations managedo Delivery focused, committing to specific tasks and ensuring these and the overall projects deadlines are met
Qualifications and Skills
* Experience and understanding of front office pricing and market data (pre-trade) a must* Experience in front office risk systems* Experience in e-Commerce technology a plus* Ability and experience to take ownership of business requirements and manage them through to delivery. * Derivatives knowledge across asset classes (at least one in-depth) encompassing pricing, risk analytics and trade life cycle* Quantative finance understanding, experience working with analytics libraries, understanding of curve construction.* Ability to accurately translate and document business needs into functional requirements and produce quality documentation* Agile methodology experience* Ability to work proactively, independently and display strong initiative* Proven ability to work across business streams, exposure to front to back system implementations* Technical background would be beneficial, understanding of (ideally functional) programming a plus* Strong communication and presentation skills with an excellent standard of English (written and spoken)* Displays personal authority, integrity and ethics. Multicultural awareness.
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.