Senior Solution Architect FM Operations
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
- 20 Dec 16
Please view Job Description for details.
SCB Corporate and Institutional Banking (CIB) domain is looking for Solution Architects in Singapore CIB Includes Financial markets, Cash, Trade, Channels, Security services, Clients and Corporate finance. This role will report into CIB Solutions Architect and will be working with IT teams across a wide range of applications portfolios and business representatives.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
Role & Responsibilities:
Areas of responsibility include the following:
* Develop and own solution architecture for major CIB programmes.
* Work with Enterprise architects to ensure solution architectures developed are aligned to organizational architecture principles and reflect business priorities
* Working in partnership with the IT teams to develop, present and explain architecture blueprints
* End to end ownership from Design, plan and document the solution and implementation syndicating as necessary to ensure all appropriate stakeholders are engaged effectively.
* Perform regular architecture reviews and health checks across the application portfolio and help to identify risks and contributing to service improvement plan
* Document the solution architecture artifacts covering process ,data ,application, security and technology architecture domains
* Contribute to development and maintenance of enterprise standards used within the domain
* Architecture Impact assessment with coordination and review of analysis across various technology teams as well providing estimates
Qualifications and Skills
This role requires the following skills and background:
* At least 10 years in working in technology in investment banking with 3-5 years experience with conducting & leading Solution architecture
* Provide thought leadership around strategic solutions
* Domain knowledge in the respective areas applied (Financial markets, Cash, Trade, Channels, Security services, Clients and Corporate finance)
* Worked in banking systems such as Murex, SWIFT Clearing, Exchanges would be required.
* An extensive skill set with demonstrated successful results including:
* Technical Architectures
* Functional and Data modeling
* Business process modeling
* Business requirements collection and analysis
* Application architecture analysis
* Workshop/brainstorming facilitation
* Good business communication skills
* Experience working in multi-location, multi-country environments
* Stay abreast of current methodologies and technologies in software engineering
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Strong Technical background having experience in Distributed technologies.
* Structured decision making and Superior problem solving skills
* Project delivery experience in respective domain (Financial markets, Cash, Trade, Channels, Security services, Clients and Corporate finance)
* Ability to grasp the big picture of the business drivers and IT drivers in order to create solutions and work at a detailed level, as may be required by business and IT teams to implement solutions
* Ability to identify similar problem patterns and create standard solutions while adapting these to the peculiar needs of a given business or IT problem
* Previous execution experience of mid-sized to large system design, development and deployment experience related to high data volume and efficient throughput is strongly preferred.
* Must have the ability to influence, guide and mentor other technical resources (sometimes business) and especially develop other architects or enlist others to carry out best practices of architecture in the course of their developing solutions
* Ability to develop designs and solutions that pay attention to architecture design quality, cost effectiveness and the inherent risks in approach while proposing credible and effective mitigations
* Ability to collaborate with teams across the firm in order to leverage previous experiences, utilities and shared capabilities
* Formulates solutions that are credible and holistic and take into consideration a broad array of factors that will shape the solution design. These include feasibility of testing, implementation, availability of skills for the technology, viability of relevant third parties
* Very knowledgeable about best practices, industry standards, open-source, emerging trends
* Good visualization and presentation skills to create visual models and experience using industry modelling tools
* Excellent team player with ability to communicate effectively with software engineers, infrastructure engineers, business analysts, and business managers
* Bachelors degree in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent required
Minimum of 5 years experience in financial services is preferred
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.