- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
- 05 Jan 17
Please view Job Description for details.
The Testing and Delivery Engineering organisation in SCB is responsible for the testing of all applications in the financial markets domain within Standard Chartered Bank. Our focus is on quality through disciplined testing process and automated testing. We are expanding our team in SG to cover our portfolio of projects and applications.
We are seeking talented and motivated individuals for the role of Test Analyston a significant existing in house project(SABRE,GMR)
The successful candidate will be a good functional/technical tester having good domain knowledge in Financial Markets specific to derivatives of any asset class.
The candidate should also be proficient in the knowledge of Investment Banking operations of FO, MO, BO, Sales or Regulatory functions. She/He will be an eager learner willing to learn new techniques and technologies and should be able to work effectively in a collaborative team environment
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Preparation of Test Plan, Test Scenario and Test Cases from the Functional specification documents or from JIRA(Agile) and other OPAs
- Working on towards contribution of test cases and test scenarios for automation.
- Test execution thro' manual and automation, using approved Test tools of the bank
- Working with other teams in test coordination activities
- Ownership of problems to complete resolution
- Raising application defects, prioritizing them and working with developers for resolution.
- Raise concerns and suggestions for betterment and improvement of day to day tasks to help delivery
- Communications to stake holders for outages/ releases/ updates on tasks*
Qualifications and Skills
- Investment banking ( Ex : FX, FX Derivatives, ETD, FI Securities, Rates, CDS ,Basis, Fixed float, Zero coupon swap, FRA, OIS)
- Pre-trade and post-trade monitoring
- Capital Markets domain having hands on solid exposure of software testing, with at least one asset class and with derivatives background (a must).
- In Depth knowledge of trade valuation for variety of instrument including Options, Swaps and Futures/Forwards.
- Good knowledge on Commodities
- In Depth knowledge of trade lifecycle required for all trade types. Candidate should know and validate all steps in trade lifecycle from exchanged settled trades to OTCs.
- Candidate should have exposure in Trade Booking model, Product on-boarding, Life cycling FO/MO/BO/Risk or regulatory experience.
- Test Planning/Analysis: Solid understanding of Manual testing concepts.
- Should have experience in technical testing, Batch jobs testing.(a must)
- Database knowledge : SQL commands- DML commands (Expertise should be in the range of 6 and above)
- Unix Knowledge
- Technical/Automation experience
- Java Knowledge(Nice to Have)
- Excel knowledge
- Scripting language( Perl, Python, VB Script ) will be an added advantage
- Concept knowledge of BDD will be an added advantage
- Analytical Skill: Candidate should be posses' good analytical skills
- Knowledge of QA and testing standards, methodologies, tools and processes
- Ability to succeed in high energy, dynamic environment
- Self driven, good communication skills
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.