- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
- 28 Dec 16
Please view Job Description for details.
The Test Manager is responsible for end to end project engagements, from initiation phase to test closure. The function includes testing scope confirmation, resource planning/allocation, as well as test scheduling. It also includes planning, managing, coordinating, controlling and delivering high quality test projects, within the approved budgets and timelines, is the ultimate objective of the role function.
In addition, the Test Managers must ensure the business value of the test project is achieved by ensuring stable and superior quality software into production.
Areas of responsibility will also include SIT and UAT for very challenging applications. Stakeholder management is also key to the delivery within this role.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
Project Test Management and Delivery
- Responsible for advising and aligning on the test approaches, and/or by producing the test plans with development teams and business stakeholders.
- Ensure tests are executed as per the quality framework and processes, and under the governance structure agreed with all the stakeholders in the test strategies and test plans.
- Comply with testing and software configuration processes for the engaged test projects.
- Comply with the software quality management practices and policies (defined by QMF).
- Develop project effort estimation, to be agreed with the engagement project manager.
- Manage the engaged test project within the agreed cost, else with the necessary approval obtained
- Establish relationship with key business users and stakeholders.
- Establish a close working rapport with project manager to understand issues and risks underlying the project.
- Ensure that the test teams and stakeholders are involved during the entire test project progress.
- Ensure the support provided to other teams and transitions is of the highest quality.
- Build a team of competent and right skilled resources for delivering test projects efficiently.
- Manage attrition so that there is (a) no intellectual loss, and (b) no project impact due to attrition.
- Manage test resources (and team morale) to ensure highest level of engagement possible.
- Ensure that there are zero defect escapes and/or high severity incidents for all tests delivered.
- Proactive participation or follow-up in the project post-implementation or production issues, if any.
- Reduce the testing costs and cycles by ensuring adequate use of tools, as well as use of re-usable components.
- Continuous improvement in productivity to the standards prescribed in QMF Lite (or SCB approved process)
Qualifications and Skills
This requirement is in the banking domain and experience in delivering large test management programs in a BFSI and distributed environment is a definite plus.
Experience of Investment Banking and in particular Regulatory Reporting and Trading Systems would be a strong plus.
Understanding of Selenium, Cucumber, JIRA, and MUREX would also be beneficial.
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.