VP, Operational Risk Control (CBG - Wealth Management), Risk Management Group
- Permanent, Full time
- DBS Bank Limited
- 17 Aug 17
See job description for details
Risk Management Group works closely with our business partners to manage the bank’s risk exposure by balancing its objective to maximise returns against an acceptable risk profile. We partner with origination teams to provide financing, investments and hedging opportunities to our customers. To manage risk effectively and run a successful business, we invest significantly in our people and infrastructure.
- Provide advice, guidance and training to CBG WM business/support units (end-to-end) on operational risk matters including risk management structure and processes, driving operational risk initiatives, tailoring of Group policies, where applicable for adoption at the units.
- Participate in major change initiatives of CBG WM and providing inputs to mitigate operational risks.
- As appropriate, conduct reviews on operational risk metrics (risk events, RCSA, KRIs, etc) including the responses and action plans, and assessing the effectiveness of these as adequate mitigants to the risks identified.
- Identify and alert senior/unit management of systemic operational risk issues/emerging trends in CBG WM, whilst ensuring that there are appropriate preventive/detective controls in place.
- Other secondary responsibility includes lead/assist in reviews and updates of existing policies.
- University degree or equivalent, with major study in finance, business administration, accountancy or economics.
- 6-8 years of experience in financial institutions, with exposures to operational risk and control areas. Prior experience in operational risk management, banking operations and middle office is preferred.
- Good knowledge of banking products and processes with experience in different businesses and/or operations (e.g. corporate banking, wealth management, treasury & markets). Experience in the business and operation of wealth management is an advantage.
- Strong risk and control sense with ability to identify operational risk exposures in business activities, new product/service offerings and outsourcing initiatives, and to assess the adequacy and effectiveness of risk-mitigating controls..
- Analytical and able to identify key themes and trends from data and information
- Strong writing and communication skills.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.