Application Manager (Clinical Data)
- Not Specified
- Basel, Basel-Stadt, Switzerland
- Permanent, Full time
- Cognizant Switzerland
- 16 Jan 17
Application Manager (Clinical Data) Location: Basel, Switzerland Industry: Life Science Your job as an Application Manager for Clinical Data would include the following: You, as an Application Manager for Clinical Data have the responsibility of delivering IT services for applications within agreed service levels
Application Manager (Clinical Data)
Location: Basel, Switzerland
Industry: Life Science
Your job as an Application Manager for Clinical Data would include the following:
You, as an Application Manager for Clinical Data have the responsibility of delivering IT services for applications within agreed service levels and you also ensure appropriate level of capacity to fulfill future needs. It is a dynamic job, where you would be in charge of the Clinical Data Application, interacting with the different stakeholders from the IT team and from the client, business team. Our team consists of ca. 15 people and the team is located in Basel (Switzerland), New Jersey (USA) and in India as well. You would be directly in touch with our client and working from the client's premises.
You would also be responsible for life cycle management, driving continuous improvement, including the changes of the IT service for applications, ultimately ensuring high customer satisfaction. It would also be part of your job to negotiate Operational Level Agreements (OLAs) with the service providers of underpinning IT services and to ensure that the relevant team members are engaged and coordinated. We will help you to achieve your goals by continuous professional development and regular career progression sessions.
Your responsibilities as an Application Manager would entail:
- Ensuring effective management of IT Services for applications across their entire life cycle within an agreed governance model
- Ensuring high customer satisfaction
- Negotiating SLAs with customers and BIMs, and OLAs with Service Providers of underpinning services to make sure the customer needs are met
- Approving project handover to operations
- Capturing Demand effectively from various areas e.g. Business, IGM, Infrastructure
- Negotiating priorities and ensuring availability of appropriate capacity to deliver
- Actively participating in continuous improvement / cost reduction programs.
- Proposing and implementing operational improvements, based on a fair technical and good domain understanding, that provide value to IT and/or business
- Planning, budgeting and resourcing all initiatives requested by the business area for a particular application(s).
- Monitoring Service Levels, communicating regularly about KPIs to appropriate stakeholders and defines plans for continuous improvements, including Service Providers when appropriate
- Managing applications financials and ensuring that application related information is up to date in all relevant systems e.g. Clarity, I.MAN on a timely basis
- Acting as a first point of escalation for operational issues for all stakeholders
- Ensuring adherence to quality standards as defined by the IT Organization
- Ensuring the applications are audit ready and provide appropriate response to audit/IGM assessment findings and recommendations
You need the following skills and professional experience to apply for this job opening:
- ca. 6-8 years of professional experience in a similar role
- Experience with Clinical Data Application Management
- Experience with Life Sciences domain
- Experience in project and program management and coordination
- Experience with ITIL processes
- Deep experience in validation, regulatory and compliance.
- Good understanding of Software engineering and SDLC processes
- Excellent communication skills in English
- Ability to communicate and interact with and influence people at all levels globally
The following skills would be an advantage for you when you apply for the job, but they are not necessary:
- Experience in Unix, Perl
- German language knowledge
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related discipline.
Find out more about our colleagues, company culture and values on our brand new career site!
Visit us: http://cognizantcareers.eu/ch_en
Don't delay with applying on our career site, we are hiring as soon as possible!
If you have specific questions before you would apply please reach out to:
email@example.com and lets connect on social media: http://about.me/nfenyvesi
Cognizant (NASDAQ: CTSH) is a leading provider of information technology, consulting, and business process outsourcing services, dedicated to helping the world's leading companies build stronger businesses. Headquartered in Teaneck, New Jersey (U.S.), Cognizant combines a passion for client satisfaction, technology innovation, deep industry and business process expertise, and a global, collaborative workforce that embodies the future of work. With over 100 development and delivery centres worldwide and approximately 255,800 employees as of September 30, 2016, Cognizant is a member of the NASDAQ-100, the S&P 500, the Forbes Global 2000, and the Fortune 500 and is ranked among the top performing and fastest growing companies in the world. Visit us online at www.cognizant.com or follow us on Twitter: Cognizant.