Advisory Services Associate
- Assist within the Advisory Services group to implement customized risk management solutions through risk software products relating to client's risk and return of existing and potential transactions.
- Assist in conducting validation analysis of processed client data and revise the data as needed for use in downstream processes.
- Assist clients with data processing workflows to ensure that client data outputs are efficiently captured for use in our products and solutions.
- Assist interpreting financial statements and data from multiple sources and assist with undertaking research to determine which additional data points to extract and how to implement them into existing data sets.
- Develop in-depth quantitative understanding of Moody's Analytics products and assist our clients in implementing relevant solutions through consultative projects.
- Train our clients on highly quantitative Moody's Analytics methodologies so that the client could utilise the full potential of our solution. You are expected to train both quantitative analysts and non-quantitative executives.
- Assist team on technical presentations and travel as needed to client sites for on-site visits.
- Work closely with product management, development, research and other internal teams.
This role sits within Moody's Analytics Enterprise Risk Solutions business.
- Undergraduate or graduate degree with an emphasis in finance, economics, accounting, math, statistics or related quantitative field.
- Exposure to banking, credit, and/or financial industry a plus.
- Strong quantitative skills and complex analytical problem solving ability.
- Some experience in using financial technology, application of quantitative methods, or database administration.
- Experience in working with large/complex data sets.
- Strong working knowledge with SAS (or Similar statistical package, S Plus), Matlab, Access, R, Excel and SQL Server.
- Some coding experience (ideally in C++ and VBA)
- 25% travel required.
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.5 billion in 2015, employs approximately 10,400 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.