Agile Coach, Global Technology
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Contract, Full time
- Schroders Investment Management
- 11 Jan 17
Schroders is looking for an experienced Agile Coach as we implement our Agile transformation.
At Schroders, asset management is our only business and our goals are completely aligned with those of our clients - the creation of long-term value to assist them in meeting their future financial requirements.
We manage £375.0 billion (€433.5 billion/US$487.1 billion)* on behalf of institutional and retail investors, financial institutions and high net worth clients from around the world, invested in a broad range of active strategies across equities, fixed income, multi-asset, alternatives and real estate.
We employ over 3,600 talented people worldwide operating from 37 offices in 27 different countries across Europe, the Americas, Asia, Africa and the Middle East, close to the markets in which we invest and close to our clients.
Schroders has developed under stable ownership for over 200 years and long-term thinking governs our approach to investing, building client relationships and growing our business
*as at 30 September 2016
Further information about Schroders can be found at www.schroders.com or on Schroders Talking Point http://www.schroderstalkingpoint.com
- Coach a range of Agile teams and support our Agile transformation working with cross-functional, distributed teams to achieve higher levels of agility and driving adoption of best-practices based on previous experiences
- Coach and facilitate the launching of agile release trains (ARTs)
- Developing and aligning the coaching practice with the strategic direction of the organisation, managing deviations, and effectively communicating solutions and their justification to relevant stakeholders
- Play a pivotal role in the adoption and communication of the Agile methodology, supporting teams and management in reducing feature delivery times and gaining maximum alignment to business priorities
- Conduct training, facilitation and coaching of distributed teams across the Lean-Agile values and specific techniques/methods, preferably within the Scaled Agile Framework (but also within Scrum, Kanban, DevOps etc.)
- Keep an eye on the solution implementation: assure that delivery is aligned with the overall vision and that reaching sprint goals brings visible benefits in terms of time-to-market and business relevance
- Champion and embody the Lean-Agile core values and promote their usage across the organisation: acts as an Agile change agent both internally and externally
- Can easily operate at CxO and board room level to help innovation and ensure the medium and long term strategic goals of the organisation are achieved
- Relevant Agile Leadership/Consulting experience (including recent, active experience as part of an agile transformation)
- Relevant Scrum Master/Agile Team Facilitator experience (with active experience as part of an agile team)
- Hands-on experience in application development and support, including Agile product development experience with planning, estimating, progress reporting and release management
- Experience in scaled agile implementations, preferably using the scaled agile framework (SAFe)
- Experience in an on-site / off-shore delivery model
- Experience in multiple roles of an Agile team
- Experience of coaching teams
- Experience in workshop facilitation
- Proven Business and IT experience ideally supported with relevant professional qualifications
- Seasoned Agile Coach with proven solid, hands-on experience with Lean-Agile transformations
- Be a recognised thought leader who easily becomes the trusted advisor
- The role requires demonstrable experience with agile implementations at enterprise level, in large organisations, engaging from team to CxO levels.
- The day-to-day job of the Agile Coach will require working directly with the onsite/offsite teams and their stakeholders (including senior and executive-level management).
- Most of these competencies are needed for successful role fulfilment:
- Applied workshop facilitation and mentoring/coaching skills, in particular at team and individual level for solving/removing impediments and improving productivity
- Is capable of quickly becoming recognised as an ally of the team and can develop trust within the client organisation
- Excellent influencing, problem solving/troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work effectively under pressure in a resilient and flexible manner
- Exposure across the end-to-end software delivery, project management and/or service management methodologies
- Extensive knowledge of Lean/Agile development tools and techniques
- Experience of on-site / off-shore delivery model
- CSM or equivalent (e.g. PSM).
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age.