- Up to £40,000 per annum + comprehensive benefits
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 18 Jan 17
Gatehouse Bank is an investment bank based in the city of London. They are currently seeking an Application Developer to support the IT team in maintaining and supporting all existing systems.
To support the development of IT applications and MI reports to meet the business requirements.
Support the IT team in maintaining and supporting all existing systems and applications.
Support both the Head of IT and IT manager to implement the Bank’s IT Strategy.
MAIN DUTIES / KEY RESPONSIBILITES:
• Development, delivery and support of applications software, both in-house developed and 3rd party applications such as the core banking system and regulatory reporting software;
• Development of MI reports to meet the banks requirements;
• Working with users to define, document and develop changing requirements to the banks systems & processes;
• Assist in the assessment of feasibility and the introduction of new technologies and software;
• System administration, including application problem tracking and resolution;
• Ensure that at all times good practice is achieved in all projects;
• Alongside the IT team, ensure the enforcement of IT policies and procedures;
• Change management control;
• Implementing the IT architecture;
• Work with the Head of IT to maintain department policies and procedures.
RELATIONSHIPS (ORGANISATIONAL, EXTERNAL, ANY SPECIAL CONSIDERATIONS):
Build and maintain good relationships with systems and infrastructure 3rd parties as well as with all internal users.
BACKGROUND / EDUCATION:
Degree level – Computer Science or equivalent.
The candidate must have 2 years of development experience within a structured environment, working in a development and a support role.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
Required knowledge & skills:
• Development experience in any of the following C#/.NET, HTML5;
• Database and reporting, particularly SQL Server and SSRS;
• Web services technologies.
Beneficial knowledge & skills:
• Financial Software Systems;
• Document Management;
• Exposure and experience of any Business Intelligence and reporting tool.
• Strong interpersonal and communications skills;
• Strong independent working attitude and able to problem solve within tight time constraints;
• Able to work to deadlines and manage workflow;
• Strong ability to multitask;
• Attention to detail;
• Willing to learn and be flexible on duties.
To apply, please send CV via email entitled 'Application Developer' to: email@example.com
Gatehouse Bank plc is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to ensuring that all job applicants and employees are treated equally, without discrimination because of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.