- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 19 Jan 17
See job description for details
About the role:
A front office technology role for Macro business, with exposure to a mixture of buy and build technology in a dynamic and expanding strategic area. You will be expected to understand and contribute to the build out of JPMorgan's strategic sales and client platform (JPMM) for Macro products from pre-trade to post-trade end to end.
About the team:
You will be part of the Global Client Technology team, a dynamic group of 100 technologists around the globe. The team is responsible for delivering Research, pre-trade Analytics, pricing and structuring, execution and post trade function supporting Macro business' effort to roll out JPMM as technology platform directly to our tens of thousands of sales and clients globally.
Our business vision is simple:
- Maintain and extend #1 industry leadership.
- Implement low latency and high availability infrastructure.
- Best-in-class cross-asset client platform and operational capabilities.
- The successful candidate will be involved in the full development life cycle of analysis, design, implementation, testing, deployment and support of Macro JPMM platform. Specifically you can expect to:
- Design technology solutions on different scales
- Be mindful of cost / benefit analysis in everything they do
- Advise management and project managers on build or buy decisions - and will have autonomy to make these decisions within existing technical business context .
- Cut code to deliver enhanced functionality across our suite of in-house components and applications
- Be an expert on integrating in-house applications to existing vendor technology (KDB, Solace etc.)
- Produce documentation for other technologists, users and support
- Develop and unit test software application modules using disciplined software development processes including waterfall and agile.
- Be involved in requirements gathering and business analysis tasks.
- Co-ordinate systems integration test with other teams
Essential experience :
- Ensure UI/ UX wireframe compliance with the design
- Experience in optimizing/profiling, multithreading, and tuning
- Test driven development
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong organizational ability, time and project management skills to juggle many priorities.
- Java - excellent core understanding and low-level programming experience
- Experience of low-latency, high throughput systems
- Fixed Income product knowledge
- Business/technical analysis experience in a financial environment.
- Knowledge of electronic markets, execution and quantitative market making.
About JPMorgan Chase & Co.
J.P. Morgan serves one of the largest client franchises in the world. Our clients include corporations, institutional investors, hedge funds, governments and affluent individuals in more than 100 countries. J.P. Morgan is part of JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM), a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.2 trillion. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase serves millions of clients and consumers under its J.P. Morgan and Chase, and WaMu brands.
J.P. Morgan offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package.
J.P. Morgan is an Equal Opportunity Employer.