- GBP66900 - GBP89200 per annum
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Lloyds Banking Group
- 16 Jan 17
Our vision is to make Lloyds Banking Group the best bank for customers. As the UK's largest retail and commercial bank, we have a footprint that touches nearly every community and household in the UK. That gives us a big responsibility to support the UK economy, and to put customers at the heart of everything we do. To achieve this, we also need to be the best bank for our colleagues and our communities - and we have a clear strategy in place to make this a reality. We are building on our many strengths: iconic brands, strong heritages and great people. To unlock the great potential in our business, we are becoming more efficient, more transparent, and more responsive to customers. Already the UK's largest community investor, we are giving even more back. Above all, we are putting customers first.
Lloyds Banking Group is changing. We are investing in simplifying, modernising and transforming our IT landscape and are looking for architecture leaders to help drive this transformation. Our goal is to make Infrastructure and Security enablers of agile, efficient change through platforms and capabilities that deliver secure, resilient, cost effective solutions at pace.
We're recruiting a forward-looking Cloud Architect who can combine technical thought leadership with the leadership skills to drive strategy and adoption of a variety of cloud based solutions. Working as part of the Infrastructure and Security Architecture team, the successful candidate will have knowledge of both disciplines with a deep expertise in a least one of them. Experience of delivering enterprise scale solutions on private and public clouds is expected, together with the hunger and curiosity to keep their skills and knowledge up-to-date as the industry continues to transform. The role is not a 'hands-on' role, but you need to work closely with our engineering and operations teams to ensure your strategy and architecture delivers the outcomes we are seeking.
This role is not just about technical skills, the ability to command the respect of and provide leadership to stakeholders from across the organisation is absolutely critical. We expect you to be able to view problems from many different perspectives and create architectural strategies and solutions that are not only technically sound, but also include regulatory, commercial and organisational aspects when appropriate. We are looking for leaders, not managers, who produce their own deliverables and can lead others autonomously.
* Subject matter expert for public and private cloud deployments with deep and broad knowledge of multiple technologies and providers.
* Programme shaping and architecture for key strategic programmes.
* Delivery of High Level Architecture artefacts describing principles and standards to be adopted across the enterprise together with the future strategy and roadmaps.
* Build and maintain strong relationships with infrastructure and security delivery teams to architect, design and deliver capability.
* Build and maintain strong relationships with CIO and business teams to understand future demand and shape solutions to meet the demands.
* Understand industry trends and vendor offerings to ensure LBG strategy and roadmaps capitalise on opportunities
We would be interested to hear from you if you have a background working for a software vendor and/or have worked for a consultancy; operating within a blue chip environment specifically around Cloud Architecture.
The culture in Group IT brings together smart, talented, people from diverse backgrounds that enjoy a collaborative and innovative environment that supports flexible and agile working. You'd be joining a leading digital organisation with the career potential you'd expect and develop a set of highly sought after transferable skills. We'll also provide a competitive overall benefits package which includes:
* A performance related bonus
* Generous pension contribution
* 30 Days leave plus bank holidays
* A flexible cash pot to spend on benefits
* Wider corporate benefits and perks
We'd also support work/life balance friendly options such as occasional home-working and we're passionate about diversity in the workplace.
You'll bring the skills and passion to lead us further along our cloud journey… and we'll bring opportunities on a scale not many organisations can match. So if being a part of this journey appeals and you've the cloud architecture experience we're seeking then get in touch, we've a challenge for you.