Director of Data Science
- Excellent Package
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- MC Partners
- 15 Dec 16
This is an exciting key role for a leading boutique financial management consultancy who are just expanding their data capability. You will have the unique opportunity to lead and work with Data Subject Matter Experts. This role will allow you to demonstrate a high level of solution-providing and problem-solving.
What will you be doing?
- Lead the team in turning raw material of data into advanced insights
- Lead a team of data scientists to design new data products and develop new big data capabilities
- Provide thought leadership for research in machine learning and data science
- Attract and recruit top talent in data science
- Identify relevant technology and science trends and engage with external industrial or academic partners
- Routinely use and further enhance advanced machine learning/AI and statistical learning methods
- Leverage other open source machine learning software/algorithms
- Work closely with Partners and Directors across Management Consulting to: drive business growth; deliver outstanding client work
- Drive the focus in transforming analytics within credit decisioning, scorecard development and defining/implementing AI/predictive analytics
- Lead business development and sales initiatives including bid, proposal and contract/commercial
- Take a significant role in the growth of the team and wider practice, sharing knowledge and supporting the development of team members
We are looking for:
- A degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Operations Research, Engineering, Mathematics, Economics, Physics, or a related quantitative field
- Proven track record of working with big data to develop innovative data products and capabilities and extract actionable insights
- Expert knowledge of machine learning and statistical modelling methods for supervised and unsupervised learning.
- Proven work experience working in the area of machine learning and data science
- Programming skills in Python, R, Scala, Spark. Additional knowledge of C/C++ and Java is would be advantageous but not essential
- Strong knowledge of databases and related languages/tools such as SQL, NoSQL, Hive, etc.
- Experience with distributed computing environments (including HPC and Hadoop) and cloud computing platforms (Amazon Web Services/AWS, Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure)
- Strong people leadership and managerial skills
- Proven track record within a consulting environment
- Ability to work in a dynamic, cross-functional environment, with a strong attention to detail
- Effective communication skills and ability to explain complex data products in simple terms Strong relationship building and collaborative skills.
- If this senior appointment within a leading boutique financial management consultancy interests you, apply today!