EFX Application Support
- £550 - 650pd
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Contract, Full time
- Scope AT
- 04 Mar 16
Front Office eFX Support - Strong technical range required as well as strong business comprehension. Must have good Unix knowledge, some scripting, monitoring and networks exposure etc.
FX Ecommerce Support Analyst
Our Client a leabing global bank are currently seeking an extremely strong technical analyst to join their eFX Application Support team. The candidate should have a broad range of experience spanning predominantly application but also some infrastructure support or systems admin.
Candidate must have worked for 2+ years on High Availability, Low Latency FX systems (such as BARX, Autobahn, Panther, Alpha, Matrix, Cortex and NEO)
Key Roles and Responsibilities
• Own the build and maintenance of tools, to industrialize support of a cutting edge in-house trading platform.
• Constantly challenging and seeking new areas for automation of manual tasks from the global team.
• Work with systems development teams ensuring best design, deployment, capacity and operability.
• Working on the trading floor you’ll be analysing requirements real time from users and technical support colleagues, designing and prototyping solutions, through to testing and deployment.
• Ownership of problems to complete resolution
• Communications to stake holders for outages/ releases/ updates on tasks
Qualifications and Skills
The more of these, the better. But don't let it scare you. We value learning fast and having a great attitude over the perfect candidate with the wrong attitude.
• Bachelors in Computer Science or related technical field (or equivalent experience).
• A solid experience in supporting a Fixed Income trading environment in Rates or FX (both preferred)
• Thorough understanding in end to end trade flow, pricing and trade booking.
• Competent in at least one - Shell Scripting / Python / Perl / Java / SOAP
• Competent in DB technology such as SQL / Oracle / Sybase and adhoc query and report generating
• Strong knowledge of Linux environment in performance and maintenance
• Experience in ITRS monitoring and customisation.
• Experience in Splunk and data capturing.
• Automation of manual tasks for a global user base
• Solid technical understanding and configuration of web based technologies such as apache
• Strong understanding of network infrastructures - TCP/IP and LAN technologies
• Exposure to MarketData Systems such as DACs / RMDS/ TIB/ RV etc
• Excellent troubleshooting skills in a complex trading environment including trade /pricing queries
• An ability to understand business problems and solve with technical solutions.
• Large scale distributed application support and maintenance
ITIL v3 Foundation, PRINCE2 or PMP equivalent