Fixed Income Quantitative Developer – Leading Systematic Trading Hedge Fund
- 100k+ and lucrative hedge fund bonus
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Oxford Knight
- 25 Mar 17
An opportunity to work on Greenfield trading systems building out a brand new European IP for one of the world’s most prestigious buy side firms. Salary: £100k+ p.a. base salary + very lucrative hedge fund bonus Key Words: C++, FX Derivatives, Linux, systematic, trading, e-trading, quantitative, C++, Strategies, Bonds, Swaps, Futures
This is a hands on Software Development position within my client’s Quantitative Strategies business. In this position you’ll be working with quant researchers to implement systematic trading models. You are expected to build and enhance their Global Fixed Income Pricing, Risk and Trading system while simultaneously integrating market data models and analytics.
This is a C++ role, involving design, programming and testing. Experience in Python/ a scripting language is also beneficial.
World Leading Asset Management fund specialising in delivering alpha to its investors. This fund operates over a number of asset classes but you will be honing in on their flag ship fixed income line of business. Currently in the midst of building out their European IP this is not a satellite office client.
You will be primarily involved with development of real time trading and risk management systems for proprietary trading in the global fixed income division. This will also include crafting and optimizing: their Portfolio Risk and Stress scenarios for rates trading platform; Global market monitoring and trading tools in liquid fixed income; and building historical and model based analysis & ranking of trade ideas in liquid fixed income.
Skills and Experience Required
· Exceptional programming skills in compiled languages i.e C++ for Windows/Linux (2+years’ experience) from a technically elite background; for example – but not limited to – Hedge Funds/HFT/Prop Trading firms, Investment Banks, Tech Giant Start-ups.
· Knowledge of Python scripting.
· Experience in OO design and strong data structures and algorithms.
· 2:1 degree (or equivalent) from a prestigious university in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
· You will be a software engineer, who believes in engineering solutions, and recognizes in advance where engineering will pay off versus short cuts
· No finance knowledge necessary, but commercial experience in Fixed Income business and/or alongside quantitative researchers is a plus.
Benefits & Incentives
· Strong Salary – 100k+ and lucrative hedge fund bonus.
· Excellent work-life balance. Not rigid, long working hours.
· Not traditional hedge fund tech secrecy - active contributions to Open Source, and proud of their own code.
· Down-to-earth, progressive work culture – attempts to synthesise dynamic projects and remuneration of a fund with the comfortable environment of a Tech giant start-up.
If you feel you are a strong match don’t hesitate to get in touch.
Direct: +44 (0) 203 137 5408