Full Stack Agile Developer
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 10 Jan 17
Are you an experienced, highly motivated Agile Developer able to build core java services along with a rich web front end ? We' re looking for someone like that to help us: • Lead the development of technical solutions through the full lifecycle, from analysis to production release. • Oversee code contributed by other members of the global team and review for standards and quality. • Layout technical standards for a project including code standards, toolsets and quality. Oversight of testing standards and strategies on the application, e.g. ensuring appropriate unit test coverage.
Within IB IT, the Research & CRM Application Delivery group has around 160 staff located throughout the world. Development is undertaken predominately by the London team with smaller teams based in New York, Zurich, Singapore and India. The support team is globally distributed.
Your experience and skills
You'll have extensive experience in the following technologies:
• Core Java, including frameworks/libraries such as Spring Boot/MVC/Security/Integration, Guava, Apache Commons/HttpComponents, Jackson etc.
• UNIX/Linux development experience (shell scripting). Experience of Apache/Tomcat on UNIX, or similar.
• A good understanding of agile practices and have experience in different agile methodologies such as Scrum, KanBan, Lean, XP and etc.
And exposure to
• Software design, development, data structure and algorithm in different programming paradigms such as procedural, object-oriented, functional and etc.
• Experience in software testing concepts including unit, integration, TDD/BDD, spec by example, end to end and non-functional testing.
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in almost 900 offices and more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
What we offer
Together. That' s how we do things. We offer talented people around the world a supportive, stimulating and diverse working environment. We' ll value your passion and commitment. And reward your performance.
Why UBS? Video
Take the next step
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.