Head of Digital IT (Capability Lead)
Salary: Base + Bonus + Benefits
Location: London, England, United Kingdom
Job Type: Full time
Schroders is entering a period where the rapid evolution of Digital capabilities and technologies will be vital to meet its future aims. A digital Capability Lead is required to help drive forward the delivery of an ambitious Digital Engagement strategy within a newly introduced framework of global scaled agile and lean IT delivery.
Schroders Global Technology function is organised into a number of teams, distributed across Schroders’ global offices, with technology hubs in London, Luxembourg, Singapore and New York. The software engineering and technology change function is split between 4 domains: Investment, Portfolio Operations & Data, Distribution & Product; Corporate and Digital.
Schroders is entering a period where the rapid evolution of Digital capabilities and technologies will be vital to meet its future aims. A digital Capability (Schroders term for “technology product") Lead is required to help drive forward the delivery of an ambitious Digital Engagement strategy within a newly introduced framework of global scaled agile and lean IT delivery.
The Capability Lead is a backlog delivery manager, with deep product expertise, who leads an agile team. These individuals will exhibit the principles and practices of lean-agile leadership and play a key role in providing technology leadership and orchestrating capability strategy, ownership, team, change, and operations. They have accountability for effective value delivery for the capability they manage and play a key role as an advocate to ensure that technical and Business priorities from regional stakeholders are understood.
The role requires a highly capable digital professional and effective communicator from the financial services industry who can bring extensive digital expertise and experience, lead tactical and strategic change across a complex platform, collaborate closely with senior Business and technology stakeholders and also manage operational activities.
The capability in this case, Digital Engagement, brings together web and digital marketing technologies into a platform to support the business in communicating with investor audiences in over 40 countries, providing the highest quality user experience, leveraging personalisation, paid, earned and owned media and over the longer term building a futureproof digital ecosystem.
• Developing and executing holistic technology strategy for Digital Engagement aligning with Digital Solution Architecture and EA technology vision during prioritisation and throughout delivery.
• Providing hands-on expertise in implementing, integrating, operating and extending content management systems, cloud marketing platforms and digital marketing stack solutions
• Delivering sophisticated solutions for content and data management, user experience, analytics, optimisation, owned, earned and paid media.
• Providing leadership and vision in evolving the digital engagement platform to leverage modern web stack technology, APIs, micro-services, cloud technology, cognitive computing, and big data.
• Leading the integration and interoperation of the Digital Engagement platform with Schroders Digital Client Service and CRM platforms.
• Custodian and co-ordinator of the global Digital Engagement technology vision, facilitating the roadmap definition, articulating the solutions and features that ensure the viability of the backlog with close and continuous collaboration with Digital Epic Owners, Capability Owners and Capability Management.
• Facing off to a global Capability Manager, providing a framework for transparency and regular updates.
• Interacting and communicating regularly with a large community of Business stakeholders on all Digital Engagement needs.
• Championing global and regional alignment and prioritisation.
• End-to-end ownership of strategic vision, change and (BAU) operations.
Business owner support
• Supporting Business ownership activity including helping manage and refining feature backlogs and enabling continuous and aligned delivery.
• Coordinating requirements and gathering SME input, analysing, designing and shaping features and stories for successful delivery.
• Supporting the Business in outbound communication and adoption services.
• Agile team line management, mentoring, and skill development.
• Contributing as a key member of the Digital management team.
• Integrating shared services and practices (eg QA, CX/UX etc.) into the team delivery model.
• Platform and technical debt specific feature management and decision making.
• Working with internal agile teams and external vendors and third parties to ensure successful cooperation and delivery.
• Understanding and supporting secure software development processes, standards & best practices and advocating secure practices.
Operations, lifecycle and governance
• Providing RTB/BAU activity management and consultancy.
• Owning and defining processes and procedures that ensure resilient web/digital platforms.
• Being accountable for Global Technology policy mandated areas: eg: capacity, availability, incident management, continuity, access management, architectural governance etc.
• Managing procurement and Digital Engagement specific vendors.
• Managing costs and financials.
• Operational risk, audit management and information security.
• Deep client facing digital solution and digital technology knowledge and experience.
• Experience as a senior digital or web product owner / product manager / development manager.
• Operational experience supporting a successful, resilient and large scale digital platform over a multi-year period.
• Team management with experience in managing senior developers and analysts, and globally distributed team members.
• Extensive experience and understanding of agile/lean methodologies for single products and when scaled to multiple agile teams and products.
• Enterprise content management systems eg: EPiServer, Sitecore, AEM etc.
• Marketing automation systems eg: Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Eloqua, Marketo etc.
• Analytics tools eg: Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, Mixpanel, SessionCam etc.
• Strong UX, IA and UCD experience.
• Social media tools eg: Hootsuite, Salesforce Social Studio etc.
• Optimisation tools eg: Adobe Test & Target, Optimizely etc.
• Exposure to and use of DMPs, advertising platforms, SEO and SEM tools, CIAM platforms, workflow tools, event platforms, quality management tools, and video platforms.
• Highly effective, pro-active, stakeholder, customer and vendor engagement skills.
• Service definition, delivery and management experience
• Capable of remaining positive when under pressure.
• Inspiring, collaborative and agile leadership approach.
• Innovative and continuous improvement mind-set, challenges the status quo and seeks self improvement.
• Friendly, approachable, enjoys working with people from a variety of backgrounds.
• Agile certification. Certified Safe Agilist (SA) preferred.
• Degree or equivalent.
Note To Agencies:
Schroders does not accept speculative CV’s from agencies. We do have a PSL who are invited to support us when required. We only pay fees to agencies instructed to send CV’s and are submitted through our recruitment portal. We do not pay fees on speculative or unsolicited CV’s sent to Schroders or Schroders employees and reserve the right to contact unsolicited CV’s directly.
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age.