Investment Risk Analyst
- £Exc + bens
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Meredith Brown Associates
- 16 Aug 17
An outstanding opportunity has arisen within this highly regarded Asset Manager for a junior investment risk professional to work closely with the Head of Investment Risk to provide independent oversight, measurement and reporting of investment risk across a range of funds and asset classes.
Role & Responsibilities
• Ensuring data is complete and accurate in the risk system to enable the measuring, monitoring and reporting of investment risk across all funds in accordance with agreed limits and investment mandates
• Updating and maintaining correct risk positions in the risk system where necessary.
• Consider risk numbers in the context of financial markets movements, themes and potential developments.
• Designing and delivering ad-hoc investment risk reports as required
• Producing and analysing regular back and stress testing for UCITS funds as required by the regulator
• Producing and analysing other regular reporting for trustees, board and regulators as required
• Establishing and maintaining constructive working relationships with internal clients, including the fund management, product, distribution and marketing teams, as well as external service providers
• Provide reporting and analysis about the firm’s counterparty risk
Experience & Qualifications
• Strong analytical & quantitative skills with appropriate mathematical background
• Exposure to investment risk metrics, methodologies, and models as well as key investment possesses
• Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills are essential
• Broad understanding of investment risk together with exposure to market and operational risk
• Ability to work accurately under pressure and to prioritise effectively.
• Using MSCI RiskMetrics and/or Bloomberg PORT/AIM beneficial
• Highly organised with good time management and planning skills to meet deadlines and complete time critical processes.
• Ability to solve issues in a logical manner.
• Sound judgement on escalating risk.
Please note that due to the high volume of applicants responding to our adverts we are regrettably not able to feedback on all applications; only successful candidates will be contacted.