Java Quant developer - e-FX - London (or New York) - £220-350,000
- £220-350,000 total
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Jove International
- 06 Jan 17
Algorithmic Java developer – e-FX – trading unit reporting line - Salary in the region of £220 - 350,000, buy outs & guarantees where needed – London (or New York)
We are searching for x2 algorithmic Java developers for a small but highly successful quant driven systematic trading unit at one of the IBs in London. The target level is VP although there might be some flexibility (+/- depending on experience) . The firm has a collaborative culture and looks to hire exceptional people. The current team is currently approx. 40ppl.(globally) including; Traders, Quant Researchers and algorithmic developers. This team, has one of the strongest e-FX franchise businesses in operation today. They are structured in a way that would give ambitious Java developers full access to the markets and trading IP. They also own their code base and are sheltered from much of the politics found in larger organisations. They are culturally more aligned to a small quant trading firm than an Investment Bank.
• Exceptional academics from a leading university - ideally in Computer Science.
• Deeply technical, in Java or C++. The production environment in Java but many of the team have come from C++ backgrounds. The chances are that you will also be skilled in the design and build of distributed, highly concurrent systems, (and have an interest in performance and optimisation).
• A genuine interest in the financial markets and systematic trading
• A for head for numbers and a reasonable foundation is basic mathematics.
• A desire or experience of working on all aspects of trading strategy code, including; trading algorithms, performance and exchange connectivity.
• Experience or aptitude of working with highly intelligent end users in this case quantitative researchers / scientist types.
• Natural communicator
This position will report into Trading and not IT.
If you are interested to find out more about this team and opportunity then please contact, Mike Sherwin.
Mobile: +44 (0)7795 394 276
Email me at: email@example.com