- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 23 Dec 16
A small, passionate team that uses agile methodologies and new technology to drive change and make an impact across Risk Technology and the wider bank.
In just a short space of time we've been responsible for delivering dramatic process improvements; taking the bottlenecks out of processes and providing cohesive solutions to troublesome problems.
Other technologies, libraries and systems used are Splunk, Highcharts, D3, JIRA and Confluence. Aside from development, responsibilities include requirement gathering, UI/UX.
The team focus on developing tools and systems for other technology teams within the bank, providing a core set of shared services. You will be heavily involved in the initial design stage all the way through to the implementation of applications. Code reviews and collaboration are encouraged; initiative, drive and innovation is a must!
This position is for a Developer who is able to take requirements and turn them into something impactful that benefits Risk Technology and the bank as a whole. You'll be empowered to develop, drive and engineer solutions from day one.
Skills, experience, qualifications and knowledge required
- Industry experience within Banking or Financial services.
- Initiative, drive and ability to work effectively with limited direction.
- Demonstrate an ability to work well as part of a team.
- Ability to cope well under pressure.
- Strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate technical and non-technical concepts to peers.
- Produces documentation to support knowledge transfer to other team members
- Auxiliary development process skillset (SVN/Git, JIRA, Confluence)
- Experience working in an agile development team.
- Knowledge of UI/UX design principles.
- Splunk or equivalent big-data platform knowledge.
- Experience in Unix is beneficial
Right to Work
The UK Government have taken steps to reduce net migration to the UK by limiting the number of overseas workers from outside the EEA coming to the UK for employment. Please note that whilst we are able to consider applications from overseas workers from outside the EEA (who require a Tier 2 (General) visa) we can only employ them if we can provide evidence that there are no other suitable candidates for this vacancy from inside the EEA.
Please contact us if you are visiting our offices and require any form of personal assistance or physical adaptations to be provided for your appointment. A member of staff will be happy to help.