Lead Integration and API Architect
- GBP52575 - GBP98120 per annum
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Lloyds Banking Group
- 16 Jan 17
Our vision is to make Lloyds Banking Group the best bank for customers. As the UK's largest retail and commercial bank, we have a footprint that touches nearly every community and household in the UK. That gives us a big responsibility to support the UK economy, and to put customers at the heart of everything we do. To achieve this, we also need to be the best bank for our colleagues and our communities - and we have a clear strategy in place to make this a reality. We are building on our many strengths: iconic brands, strong heritages and great people. To unlock the great potential in our business, we are becoming more efficient, more transparent, and more responsive to customers. Already the UK's largest community investor, we are giving even more back. Above all, we are putting customers first.
As the UK's largest Retail and Commercial bank, Lloyds Banking Group has a footprint that touches nearly every community and household in the UK. Its aim is to be the best bank for customers and we have a big responsibility to support the UK economy and help it prosper.
You will provide LBG with an Integration and API architecture which meets its strategic needs, prepares us for API-led regulatory requirements, and provides colleagues with the guidance and direction required to implement and operate this Integration and API architecture. This role will require a combination of a good understanding of LBG's business needs and objectives with a an ability to enable these objectives through an API strategy and architecture, and direct experience of API/service development and maintenance. It will also require the ability to engage with and influence internal customers to IT Board level within IT, and to director level within business areas.
The scope of Integration and API architecture covered by this role includes the full set of integration technologies currently in use within LBG and being aware of the capabilities of new technologies on the horizon. Understanding our application portfolio and determining what the right integration patterns are will also be a key success factor.
Your accountabilities will include developing, socialising and driving the implementation of strategies in relation to Integration; by developing the API roadmap and vision along with transition states to move from current to target architecture. Additionally you'll be producing architecture artefacts (Standards, Patterns, Principles) to support the implementation of strategy; working with programmes and projects to provide oversight and ensure alignment with strategic architecture. And you will work with Enterprise, Domain and CIO architects to assist with other related strategies ensuring alignment and understanding impacts across the entire Enterprise and will lead discussions with CIO and service delivery colleagues building awareness and agreement on the strategic direction of API.
We'll need the following from you:
* Experience in defining and delivering Enterprise Integration Architectures including APIs, SOA, Event Driven Architecture
* Experience in defining Integration architecture for large organisations, and of demonstrating alignment between business objectives and the target integration architecture
* Proven experience in delivering APIs through the use of an API management tool (or equivalent) for internal and external consumption
* Experience designing APIs that are fully scalable and delivering on a cloud platform (e.g., PaaS)
* Ability to work under pressure, and in particular to identify the integration architecture decisions and issues which have the most importance and impact within the wide range of programme decisions to be taken at any particular point in time.
* Understanding the implications of integration patterns to the consumer applications and provider system
* Demonstrable expertise in API First, contract-led design and experience in and deep understanding of API and service design
* Experience of Integration patterns and associated best practise(e.g. Web Services, REST, Pub/Sub, MOM)
* Experience of at least one significant integration platform (e.g., IBM Integration Bus, Mulesoft Anypoint, Oracle Fusion)
The ability to lead technology vendors and strategic partners to deliver architectural artefacts would also be beneficial.
In return we'll offer you a great package with:
* A performance related bonus
* Generous pension contribution
* 30 Days leave plus bank holidays
* A flexible cash pot to spend on benefits
* Wider corporate benefits and perks
We'd also support work/life balance friendly options such as occasional home-working and we're passionate about diversity in the workplace.
So, if you have the experience we're seeking then get in touch, we'd like to hear from you…