Loan IQ Business Analyst
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Contract, Full time
- HSBC Bank plc
- 20 Dec 16
* Knowledge of the bilateral and syndicated loan market (including; loan's lifecycle, originations, secondary trading, agency functions, etc).
- Overview of the business area
- Current / future projects
- Broad objectives of the role
- Loan IQ (supplied by Misys) is a commercial lending system used by HSBC to satisfy loan servicing for Global Banking (GBM), Commercial Banking (CMB) and Security Services Corporate Trust and Loan Agency businesses (HSS CTLA). This covers servicing of so-called complex loans for HSBC in the capacity as a lender (HSBC participation and bilateral lending) and as a syndicated facility agent. Complex loans are characterized as high value corporate transactions, with complex terms and conditions, including syndicated loans.
- Loan IQ has already been implemented in London, Hong Kong, New York, Paris, Dusseldorf and Toronto. The long term aim is that the system will become HSBC's global strategic solution for administration of all complex syndicated and bilateral loans. Testing automation is the direction of the LIQ testing future. To get the regression testing fully automated, we need domain/business expert to help testing team fill in the gap between BA manual test cases and Automation test scripts.
- The role will be supporting testing team to clarify and enhance manual test cases centered on Misys Loan IQ application for the strategic loan solution across HSS & GBM. We are looking to hire staff with specific domain and application knowledge.
Purpose of the Role
- Review the existing manual regression testing package to understand the business logic and gap.
- Work with regional BA/business to clarify existing manual regression testing package.
- Enhance and add test cases if they are unclear or missing scenarios.
- Provide inputs to testing team to build and enhance regression auto test scripts.
- Help testing team to understand the system logic which will be automated using testing tools.
- Review the current auto testing workflow and give suggestion on the optimization.
- Driving a consistent approach and promoting best practice.
- Adhere to HSBC's governance standards.
Additional Essential Experience
- Knowledge of the bilateral and syndicated loan market (including; loan's lifecycle, originations, secondary trading, agency functions, etc).
- Operational knowledge of Loan IQ application.
- Working knowledge of Loan IQ configuration.
- Working knowledge of Loan IQ accounting model.
- Ability to analyze process flows.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to merge multiple existing workflows into a single standard flow.
- Knowledge of the Loan IQ data model.
- Proven experience in delivering specifications that are well understood by both the business and testing teams.
- Proven experience in an offshore / onshore IT Development environment.
- Any experience on the auto testing will be a big plus
Additional Key Skills
- Knowledge of project lifecycles.
- Good written and verbal communication skills and experience of communicating complex ideas to senior management and key stakeholders as well as to project team members.
- Experience to work closely with testing team on the auto testing and manual test case enhancement.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to deal with difficult and challenging situations.
- Ability to communicate with and manage both IT professionals and business units.
- Relationship management and networking skills.