Sales to Asset Managers & Hedge Funds – “Cutting Edge” Equity Research Big Data FinTech
- High basic salary, with commission structure to reward high sales performers.
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Excelsior Search
- 21 Mar 17
Opportunity for a high calibre sales professional with experience selling to hedge funds and asset manager, who is looking for a more 'unique' proposition with proven sales potential and an untapped market to go after. Hybrid new business sales and account management role with proven leading edge investment FinTech solution.
Excelsior has been engaged exclusively to conduct a search for this innovative and dynamic international organisation. Our client is an exciting and high growth technology & equity research service provider, that has experienced double digit growth each of the past 4+ years given its success selling leading edge, disruptive technology solutions aimed at equity research analysts and portfolio managers, within the hedge fund and wider long-only buy side community. With unparalleled big data and intelligent systems research capabilities than has traditionally been available to cut through market noise and find critical data points fast, this company has found a niche with a unique and compelling proposition allowing portfolio managers to quickly capitalize upon stock opportunities.
Following the on-boarding of 300+ international clients including some of the biggest global asset management and hedge fund names, they are further expanding their sales force to meet global growth ambitions by ensuring their tools become industry standard for use in stock research - on every analysts desk. With a small established operation here in London already, they are now looking to appoint a sales professional focussed on EMEA buy side. It's a nice hybrid sales role, driving new client acquisition with asset managers and hedge funds whilst also managing their first 50 EMEA buy side accounts. So great career opportunity for this person to "make the role their own", "have impact", and reap both the professional and personal rewards that come with such a growth opportunity.
Appropriate applicants need to be able to show:
- Experience selling to the buy side - asset managers and hedge funds with a good network / rolodex of contacts. Experience selling to portfolio and equity analysts and knowledge in the fundamental / equity research domain would also be particularly beneficial.
- A proven track record of hitting / exceeding sales targets, in particular for new business sales.
- The ability to pick up solutions which are new and unique in the market.
- You may be working for either a software company, financial information / market data vendor, research service provider or financial institution (i.e equity sales / research sales), and will be comfortable managing and closing multiple deal pipelines as opposed to larger high value low volume enterprise deals.
- Interest in working for a high growth enterprise with realistic global ambitions.
- An articulate, consultative and confident sales approach conducive for selling to asset / hedge funds (portfolio managers, heads of research, portfolio analysts and research analysts etc).
- Have the personal motivation and ability to contribute to a dynamic and entrepreneurial team culture.
This sales position will be appropriate for a 'stand out' sales professional looking for a more 'unique' proposition with proven sales potential and an untapped market to go after. Hence joining this company at this stage of growth offers a very rare opportunity to make sales and reap the high financial rewards of sales success and career growth satisfaction this will bring. This company firmly believes their solution will become a global standard for every high end research desktop and need to build a sales organisation to make this become reality!
To learn more please either apply online or introduce yourself in confidence to email@example.com
Key words: new business sales, sales executive, sales manager, sales representative, VP Sales, hedge funds, buy side, asset management, investment management, equity research, stock selection, investment research, equity analysts, fundamental research, fundamental analysis, big data, quantitative, algorithmic, analytics, front office.
International specialists in Executive Search & Recruitment for financial technology & research solution providers.
Founded in 1999 Excelsior Professional Search is a leading niche human capital consultancy specialising in recruitment solutions for technology companies, consultancies, data and research service providers for the global financial markets. With clear market focus and expertise, Excelsior offers a deep sector knowledge and capability that ensures its clients hire the finest industry talent, whilst allowing industry professionals to find the best career opportunities in this sector.