Senior Application Support Analyst
- GBP59508 - GBP69425 per annum
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Lloyds Banking Group
- 20 Feb 17
Our vision is to make Lloyds Banking Group the best bank for customers. As the UK's largest retail and commercial bank, we have a footprint that touches nearly every community and household in the UK. That gives us a big responsibility to support the UK economy, and to put customers at the heart of everything we do. To achieve this, we also need to be the best bank for our colleagues and our communities - and we have a clear strategy in place to make this a reality. We are building on our many strengths: iconic brands, strong heritages and great people. To unlock the great potential in our business, we are becoming more efficient, more transparent, and more responsive to customers. Already the UK's largest community investor, we are giving even more back. Above all, we are putting customers first.
This position is in a fast-paced team which supports numerous Markets Trade Processing applications intraday and overnight including Murex, Summit, and Colline.
You'll provide first class support to the Commercial Banking Markets customers, working with the Senior Manager you'll support a number of key applications in the Product Processing area of Commercial Banking Markets IT. You'll have responsibility for day to day support, performing root cause analysis of on-going issues, and deploying project changes into the production environments. Additionally, the challenge will be to reduce the number of incidents by providing a stable environment and introducing solutions to reoccurring issues.
We are seeking an experienced application support analyst with robust IT Support experience along with exposure to FX Banking business. With working experience/knowledge of Murex you will help cross train and develop the skills and knowledge across your team of 8. Alternatively, we would be interested in someone with experience on an equivalent FX trading application (vendor or in-house built) with a desire to learn Murex. In return you will be provided with exposure/training on industry recognized applications like Summit and Colline. You will need to be able to respond quickly and appropriately and will need to have a great understanding of business functions and processes.
Your key responsibilities will include;
* Provide 24/7 IT support for Commercial Banking Markets Applications
* Monitoring the support call queue ensuring calls are responded to and dealt with within agreed Service Level Agreements
* Support of overnight batch process
* Work shifts covering core hours onsite between 07.00 and 18.30.
* Perform trend analysis & make recommendations for enhancements to ensure problems do not recur and to prevent further issues occurring
* Manage and implement releases when required including Friday nights and weekends
* Work alongside the development teams to deliver changes to our services
* Liaise and provide regular updates on all calls assigned ensuring SLA's are strictly adhered to
What we'll need from you;
* Experience/knowledge of Murex, including OR Experience/knowledge of an equivalent FX Trading Application
* A good understanding of FX products and business processes.
* 1st and 2nd line experience at Application Support
* Good navigations and scripting skills on UNIX and Windows
* Good SQL knowledge
* Excellent oral / written communication skills
* Excellent standard of computer literacy with MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint
* Proven track record of problem solving and performing root cause analysis
* Understanding of ITIL and incident / problem management
* Ability to work collaboratively within a team
The service hours we provide cover for are 07:00 to 18:30 which is divided into an early shift (07:00 - 15:00) and a late shift (10:30 - 18:30). There is an additional need to work on the Euro Target Days (UK Bank Holidays) and provide on call cover overnight and at the weekends.
In return we'll offer you a great package with:
* A performance related bonus
* Generous pension contribution
* 30 Days leave plus bank holidays
* A flexible cash pot to spend on benefits
* Wider corporate benefits and perks
We'd also support work/life balance friendly options such as occasional home-working and we're passionate about diversity in the workplace.
So, if this role sounds like it could matter to you and you've the skills we're seeking then get in touch…