Sr Systems Analyst
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Wellington Management Company, LLP
- 19 Jan 17
Sr Systems Analyst
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 50 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
Tracing our roots to 1928, we are one of the world's largest independent investment management firms. With over US$900 billion in assets under management, we serve as a trusted adviser to institutional clients and mutual fund sponsors in over 50 countries. Our innovative investment solutions are built on the strength of proprietary, independent research and span nearly all segments of the global capital markets, including equity, fixed income, multi-asset, and alternative strategies. As a private partnership whose sole business is investment management, our long-term views and interests are aligned with those of our clients. We are committed to attracting a talented and diverse workforce, and to fostering an open, collaborative culture of inclusivity because we believe multiple perspectives lead to more informed investment and business decisions.
At Wellington Management you will continually learn, develop, and expand your skills. As part of an inclusive culture, you will meet smart, progressive individuals who will challenge you to solve problems, anticipate our clients' needs, and enhance our proprietary systems and platforms. This is a great opportunity for an experienced Senior Systems Analyst/Programmer to join a strong, collaborative team. The individual will be responsible for the full life-cycle of requirements, systems analysis and development, testing, project management and support.
This position requires a high level of direct interaction with business users and excellent communication and delivery skills. This individual must be a self-starter with the ability to multi-task and work on a variety of assignments with people at all levels of the organization.
- Help to modernize, and continue to support legacy VB/Macro based processes,
Provide insight to newer alternative development technologies
Design, develop, improve, and support data validation and productivity tools and processes.
- Learn and support proprietary investment applications used by London-based investors
- Create and communicate delivery timelines and manage shifting priorities
- Interact directly with investment professionals at all levels of the organization as a trusted advisor.
- Develop a strong partnership with Boston-based colleagues to ensure on time, scalable and high quality business solutions
- Provide regular status reporting and issue tracking
- Act as an escalation point person for support issues that require detailed analysis and management
- Manage production incidents as needed
- Provide occasional off-hours testing and support
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business, Economics, Finance or related subject
- Relevant experience working directly with Equity Investors demonstrated by understanding of:
Basic terms (EPS, PE, Relative PE, P/B ratio…)
Instrument Types (Futures/Options/FES/Access Products)
- Experience with the following technologies:
- Ability to communicate clearly and confidently with people ranging from senior portfolio managers to junior developers and analysts
- Strong prioritisation skills, with the ability to dynamically re-prioritise as business needs change in a fast-paced, business-critical environment
- Willingness and ability to work independently and as part of a team, in a fast-paced, business-critical environment
WMIL is authorised and regulated in the UK by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). As a condition of employment, the successful candidate will be required to comply with all applicable requirements set out by the FCA, including in particular, the fitness and propriety requirements outlined by the FCA. WMIL is also supervised in a number of other jurisdictions relating to its investment management services and the successful candidate may also be required to comply with additional requirements.
Sr Systems Analyst
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management considers all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, ancestry, disability, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at Wellington@icareerhelp.com .