Support Engineer, Equities
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Goldman Sachs International
- 05 Jan 17
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and high-net-worth individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in London, Frankfurt, Tokyo, Hong Kong and other major financial centres around the world.
Goldman Sachs’ Strats business unit is a world leader in developing quantitative and technological techniques to solve complex
business problems. Working within the firm’s trading, sales, banking and investment management divisions, strats use their
mathematical and scientific training to create financial products, advise clients on transactions, measure risk, and identify market
This is a unique opportunity to work in a dynamic support team in a fast paced front office environment that covers sophisticated
applications spanning algorithmic trading, smart routing and order management. It offers the opportunity to support a trading
platform front to back and interact with key users.
The Goldman Sachs Trading Support team is a dynamic group of individuals spanning level one support and development
operating across London and Bangalore. It is charged with both proactively and reactively dealing with operational risk. The team is
accountable for the monitoring and support of Algorithmic, Smart Routing and Order Management systems as well as developing
systems and tooling to improve the efficiency of those tasks and reduce operational risk.
Your role will include deployment, monitoring and fault finding in the production environment including issue resolution and crisis
management. You will be expected to work with global support and application teams to provide solutions that will strategically
improve the operating environment.
• Track issues to resolution
• Work with a global support team
• Work with both internal and external development teams to improve trading and support applications
• Experience of Equities Support
• Experience in reducing operational risk
• Excellent knowledge of Unix/Linux environment
• Some programming experience in C++, Python, Java or SQL
• Application support experience of trading applications
• Level 1 support experience
• Excellent understanding of Equities cash markets