Technology, Prime Services Risk Technology, Associate, London
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Goldman Sachs International
- 17 Aug 17
See job description for details
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Our team of engineers builds solutions to the most complex problems. We develop cutting-edge systems and processes that form the core of our key business and enable transactions to move in milliseconds. We provide real-time access to critical deal information and crunch billions of data points each day to inform firm-wide market insights and strategies. Team members have the opportunity to work at the forefront of technology innovation alongside industry leaders and make significant contributions to the field.
Prime Services is a technology intensive business that aims to provide our clients with all the tools and services to run their business. In Prime Services Technology we regularly consider new technology products available in the market or in the firm to meet our clients' needs and high trading volumes. As a result, we are constantly expanding our platform to offer clients more products, creating opportunities for people in the group to gain experience in a variety of different technologies.
Risk Management and Financing provides financing solutions and risk models that allow hedge fund managers to execute a wide range of investment strategies within a framework that is predictable and reliable across all market conditions.
Risk Technology provides products and services that broadly cover margin lending risk, clearing risk and trading risk for Prime Services clients in the PB, Futures, GSEC, and DCS businesses. We implement complex house and regulatory margin calculators, provide real time monitoring for client trading activity and build a suite of tools, reports, and risk analytics for internal Risk Managers and Margin Ops in addition to providing interactive web tools for external clients.
The Prime Services Risk Technology team creates and enhances a suite of applications used to calculate Risk and Margin, and provide transparency back to clients on how we derive those requirements. In addition we provide realtime intraday visibility allowing our Risk Managers to see how current market conditions and client trading are affecting their portfolios. Finally we provide significant tooling to do pre-canned and adhoc analytics for Risk to help them review client and business impact of actual or theoretical market events or new business. We are aligned closely with the Firm's DataLake strategy and continue to invest in this direction. This gives team members the opportunity to learn about the wide variety of asset classes our clients trade, as well as working directly with Risk Managers and Strats in a technology-intensive group.
Client demands and high trading volumes put a constant pressure on us to look at new technology products available in the market place or in the firm. As a result, Prime Services is constantly expanding its platform to offer clients more products, creating opportunities for people in the group to gain exposure to the latest technologies while gaining a strong understanding of what drives our business.
This will be a fantastic learning opportunity to work with cutting edge technologies applied at scale, get exposure to the business and operations, innovate and make a real impact the bottom line. We're looking for self-motivated people, driven to learn about technology and the business it supports, who voice their opinions, and drive the team forward through innovation and new ideas.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- A wide variety of projects are active in the Prime Services Risk space and we have a long pipeline of proposed business solutions
- The primary role of the candidate is to design, develop, and support one or more components within Risk Technology - The candidate is expected to participate in the entire software development life cycle from definition of requirements through deployment and maintenance of that platform
- The successful candidate will work closely with IT peers and Risk / Strat professionals to define behaviour, services, and interfaces for the platform - The candidate is expected to work closely with colleagues and users in other regions
- The candidate is expected to be able to use the right technology solution for the problems, and demonstrate ability across multiple languages
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- Very strong analytical skills
- 2+ years of Core Java, C++ or Python development experience
- 2+ years RDBMS experience (Sybase or UDB preferred
- able to write and analyze complex queries with multi-table joins and aggregate functions)
- 2+ years OO design/development - Strong communication skills
- Must be a self-starter
- Demonstrate ability to work with multiple languages on the same project PREFERRED QUALIFICAITONS
- Unix environment working experience
- Scripting (Perl/Python/Shell)
- Test Driven development
- Experience with working with large sets of data
- Financial market knowledge
- RESTful web services / API centric designs
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reserved
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.